• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel 2500 weather meter? GTG

I was thinking or ordering a Kestrel 2500 or 3000 weather meter for use with ag/forestry work and of course shooting. Am I missing that much by not ordering a higher end model?

Possibly order the Kestrel 3000 personal weather station.?
Not sure what features are most important for forestry but perhaps this can guide you:

For shooting they all will provide you with environmentals and wind which can then be manually entered into a phone app for shooting. The shooting specific models give you DA, ballistic calculators and Bluetooth depending on the model, so all depends on your needs/budget.

Reactions: TurdFerguson
Not sure what features are most important for forestry but perhaps this can guide you:

For shooting they all will provide you with environmentals and wind which can then be manually entered into a phone app for shooting. The shooting specific models give you DA, ballistic calculators and Bluetooth depending on the model, so all depends on your needs/budget.
I'm also lookng at the 5000 model Kestrel® 5000 Environmental Meter I'm not sure it would be worth the extra 100 over the 2500 hundred. Has a few more features especially relative humidity.

They don't seem to have a chart that compares the 1-3000's with the 5000's but you can open these in two windows to compare.

Depends what is or isn't important Vs nice to have and price for you.