• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel 5700 and Sig Kilo 2400 BDX disconnecting often?

dgheriani

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
I have my Kestrel 5700 Elite paired to my Sig Kilo 2400BDX and it's great being able to have my DOPE spit out in the LRF but I've been finding that the 2 devices seem to disconnect pretty quickly, like inside a couple minutes. Is there some way to make them stay connected for longer? I've taken to wearing the kestrel around my neck so I can check to make sure the 2 devices are connected. As well, sometimes when they are connected I still don't get DOPE for a target, just the range. I normally get DOPE if I then re-range it, is that "normal"?

I am having issues too. My 2400 BDX will send the range data to the 5700, and it will display the range and show a firing solution, but the Kestrel will not send the data back to the range finder. I am still troubleshooting it but haven’t figured out a solution.

I'm also having issues losing connection with my 5500 and the Kestrel app on my phone. It will constantly disconnect and reconnect and at some point lose connection completely. The only way to reconnect it to turn off Bluetooth and turn it back on, on the Kestrel.
Also, having connect problems with the Hornady app.

I am having issues too. My 2400 BDX will send the range data to the 5700, and it will display the range and show a firing solution, but the Kestrel will not send the data back to the range finder. I am still troubleshooting it but haven’t figured out a solution.

I actually didn't look at the Kestrel to see if it was getting the data from the BDX, just saw that I wasn't getting the data back in the LRF. I'll have to check if it's doing the same as yours and at least the kestrel is outputting the correct dope.

I have managed to figure out what I had done wrong. It Was user error not the Sig or the Kestrel. It is working like a champ now.

If you set Wind 1 to zero it will not display the Kestrel results on the Sig. Change Wind 1 to anything (Say 1 mph) and the results come up on the Sig display. I usually set the latitude to zero and Wind 1 to zero to take AJ and coriolis out of the solution.

If you set Wind 1 to zero it will not display the Kestrel results on the Sig. Change Wind 1 to anything (Say 1 mph) and the results come up on the Sig display. I usually set the latitude to zero and Wind 1 to zero to take AJ and coriolis out of the solution.

Thanks, I do the same with regards to Wind 1, that could be my issue as well. Did you have to change your latitude setting as well? I like keeping AJ and Coriolis out of the mix as well

I was having this issue this evening and I just KNEW my dope was showing in my LRF last week. Thankfully found this thread and now I’m squared away! Thanks!