• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Kestrel 5700 Ballistics vs 5700 Elite AB

Gjb89

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2017
I understand all the differences when comparing these two models except for the calculator. Is the AB calculator worth the extra $300? The range card and the number of gun profiles are not a make or break for me.

if you are shooting into/past your bullets transonic zone, I think the custom curves are a must. shooting inside of that - i personally don't think it's necessary.

at one point kestrel said that right in the product description.

also - supposedly the elite and non elite both use applied ballistics calculator. the elite has the custom curves, the non-elite just uses G1/G7.

at one point their product description said the non-elite DID NOT use applied ballistics. but an email from a rep at kestrel shared on this forum stated otherwise. and when us non-elite users turn on our kestrels - they say "Applied Ballistics"

Reactions: _JT
The solver in the 5700 is solid.
If you don’t want DSF, range card and extra profiles the 5700 is GTG.
Using regular G7’s I got solid come ups out to 1900 yards with my 7mm.

Reactions: 260284