• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel 5700 Compass calibration question regarding compatible Range Finders

Tailwind

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2010
PA
Anyone know why you have to calibrate the compass on the Kestrel but not on the compatible range finders? I too have had issues with DOF readings on my 5700 and had to re-calibrate the compass. In utilizing the range finder and having it send Range, angle and direction of fire to the Kestrel, there is no calibration required for the range finder. Is there a different way it is getting the compass heading and if so, why doesn’t the Kestrel use the same.

did you ask this in a different thread or am I still drunk :)

this is a good question, my Leica does not have a calibration for the DOF I am aware of, and the Kestrel as you state does and it is very sensitive to external magnets.

did you ask this in a different thread or am I still drunk :)

this is a good question, my Leica does not have a calibration for the DOF I am aware of, and the Kestrel as you state does and it is very sensitive to external magnets.
I did. Was not getting any response from other thread so posted it here hoping for someone in the know could answer.

• Haha
Reactions: seansmd