• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel 5700 Elite Coriolis... Not really shown?

PracticalTactical

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 13, 2019
I've been trying to figure out the values on my Kestrel 5700 Elite regarding Coriolis and its not making sense, hopefully you guys can explain.

I set the unit to zero wind, so wind is not a factor. I just want to compare the zero wind value changes in different directions so compares Coriolis.

I set the target direction to zero degrees at 1000 yards then change to 90 degrees at 1000 yards.

The only value that changes is the elevation about .3 MOA, but not windage. Windage values on the Kestrel are the same regardless of target direction.

But, in the Target Card, there is a field that shows hCor which I understand to be Horizontal Offset for Coriolis and that's about 0.25 MOA.

The latitude is set to 43 degrees, so it should not be zeroing Coriolis out.

So why is that .25 MOA hCor value not reflected in the windage value when changing directions?

Is this a bug in the AB Software?

Last edited:
I believe if you put zero in wind one it shuts off Coriolis.
You can still see what it’s calculated if you scroll down to ballistics and look around in there.

Coriolis has two effects:

1) Vertical Coriolis. - Effected by Direction of Fire and Latitude. Reduces to zero as you shoot North or South. Increases as you get closer to the Equator.

2) Horizontal Coriolis. - Effected only by your Latitude (Direction of Fire has no impact on this). Decreases the closer you get to the Equator.

Reactions: Hotshot001