• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Kestrel 5700 elite questions

HMRamateur

Will work for powder
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2019
So I just bought a kestrel 5700 elite, with minimal experience on the sportsman model. I'm picking up how to use it as I go, but some things I can't figure out, like the bullet trace setting. What exactly does that do? I notice if I look at the ballistics of a certain rifle, it shows me Coriolis, as well as aerodynamic jump, and spin drift. After playing with it a bit, I notice at long range, my correction for my wind was smaller than my correction for Coriolis. Is that number instantly added into the whole equation, giving me my numbers with every variable in place, or are things like spin drift and Coriolis there by itself with the user having to account for those on top of the given values when shooting very long distances? I haven't ever shot far enough to need to account for those, I'm just trying to fully understand my kestrel's capabilities. I've tried searching for those answers on here and other Google searches but I have come up short, so any help with those answers or any other threads that have touched on it would be greatly appreciated!

Turn off spin drift and coriolis.

Trace is telling you where the best place to look for trace is.

Reactions: HMRamateur