• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel 5700 Elite & Terrapin X owners...

smokeon

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2017
About 50% of the time the reading between my Kestrel & terrapin X us about 20 degrees off...

I've tried recalibrating the Compass on the Kestrel & terrapin & that helps sometimes - for a period of time...

Just wondering if any fellow Kestrel / terrapinX owners have experienced similar & found a work around?
Also - after having upgraded to ios13 on my iPhone the terrapin app keeps crashing - any ideas with all this are most welcome!!

Check to be sure the Kestrel and Terrapin are both set to the same true or magnetic north. Look for any metallic or magnetic items stored/carried near them that could be causing them to lose calibration. So far in the past 2 weeks we have found barrel coolers and binocular clasp magnets that cause that, there are more.

Reactions: smokeon
So what would the acceptable tolerance (in degrees) be between the DOF readings on the terrapin vs the Kestrel be without losing accuracy in the firing solution...?