• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Kestrel 5700 Sportsman function with Tablet

reeljob

Pastor
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Galax, VA
I am upgrading my Kestrel and looking seriously at the 5700 Sportsman. Yes, I understand the limitations of this model. My question is what tablet will function with this device most reliably? I have always used my phone but with Bluetooth capability and better battery life I am looking at upgrading my tablet as well.

This is posted on the NK web site

IOS Device Compatibility:
  • Firmware: iOS versions 6 and higher.
  • Hardware: iPhone 4s onward, iPad 3rd generation onward, iPod Touch 5th generation onward.
Android Device Compatibility:
  • Firmware: Android 4.3 and higher.
  • Hardware: Most Android devices with Bluetooth Smart®, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid and other recent generation phones and tablets.

I use mine on my phone and tablet. Both work without issue. As for the sportsman, whenever u r ready, it’s a simple firmware upgrade to have everything the elite has. Only difference between elite and sportsman is firmware. The kestrel itsel is 100% identical.

I use mine on my phone and tablet. Both work without issue. As for the sportsman, whenever u r ready, it’s a simple firmware upgrade to have everything the elite has. Only difference between elite and sportsman is firmware. The kestrel itsel is 100% identical.

I went ahead and ordered the Elite. AB has a 10% off Christmas special so I couldn't pass it up. As far as the tablet I picked up a Lenovo 10" today. Im looking forward to getting the Conx and Kestrel and getting in some serious range time.