• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel and HUD connection distance problems.

Kestrel Ballistics

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2018
Boothwyn PA
kestrelinstruments.com
We have a few calls regarding the Kestrel and HUD not connecting at normal distance apart. If you experience this after updating the HUD firmware go into your HUD settings and in the Bluetooth menu the setting should be MAX.

Reactions: Lite
I've been getting this (and my Kestrel dropping the HUD entirely and requiring a manual repairing) after the latest Kestrel FW update and HUD update. My HUD is set to MAX (and I have turned it down, then back up) with no change in behavior.

I've been getting this (and my Kestrel dropping the HUD entirely and requiring a manual repairing) after the latest Kestrel FW update and HUD update. My HUD is set to MAX (and I have turned it down, then back up) with no change in behavior.
try a soft reset of your Kestrel. Battery out, hold power button for 30 secs, put battery back in and advise of result.
Thanks

try a soft reset of your Kestrel. Battery out, hold power button for 30 secs, put battery back in and advise of result.
Thanks

I just tried that, and after a quick check it looks like that got it back to normal. It also appears to have helped a similar issue with my LRF. Thanks!