• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Drop D3 data log problem

MotoSinge

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2019
Hi folks. Just bought a new Kestrel Drop D3 to log environmental data. Whatever I do, I can't get any data off the device, no data shows in the app. When I try a manual sync, I get "Datalog sync failed". Any advice appreciated.

IMG_1456.jpeg

Check that the firmware is up to date. Once that is done then configure the Drop to log what you want at the interval you want (faster it is the less battery life you will have).

FYI, the firmware update can use most of a battery. I've also had to set screen time on the phone to the maximum for it to finish.

Check that the firmware is up to date. Once that is done then configure the Drop to log what you want at the interval you want (faster it is the less battery life you will have).

FYI, the firmware update can use most of a battery. I've also had to set screen time on the phone to the maximum for it to finish.
Thanks. The firmware is up to date (latest v1.56) and the logging settings look right. I'm totally out of ideas.

It should have barked about it, but check that the Kestrel app has storage access in Android settings.

ETA:
or iOS if on apple

Last edited:
It should have barked about it, but check that the Kestrel app has storage access in Android settings.

ETA:
or iOS if on apple
Thanks, good suggestion. I checked iOS settings and couldn't find anything that could be restricting storage access.

Settings>Privacy>Files and Folders

Settings>Privacy>Files and Folders
Thanks. There's no option for the Kestrel app in that menu. Looks like I'm at the end of the road with this and will need a different solution. It just doesn't work.