• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Elite- problems linking Link Ballistics app when Privacy PIN is turned on

m1match

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2003
Western US
I'm having problems linking my Kestrel Link Ballistics to my Kestrel Elite Bluetooth when the Privacy PIN is turned on. I'm running an iPhone 7, iOS 12.0.1, Kestrel Link Ballistics Software Version Build 153, Ballistics Database Version 78700 with a Kestrel Elite (5700AL), SN 2304374, Firmware 1.23, Boot version 1.01, BLE 0.06, BAL 44, HW Rev 11B.

When I turn on the Privacy PIN then try to link up the Kestrel Link Ballistics app, I get the dialog box to enter the PIN, but when I enter the PIN number displayed in the Privacy PIN menu, I keep getting the box to input the PIN and the phone never links up with the device. I have to turn the Privacy PIN off in order to link them.

Is there a fix for this?

I think there was another post about this somewhere, and IIRC, it is a known issue that is awaiting patching (unless I just had a weird dream about this, and am experiencing dejavu). :)