• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel for the Vortex Fury AB

SICARIO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2010
Oregon, USA, etc.
I just picked up a Vortex Furt AB and I’d like to add a Kestrel to the kit as well.

Is there any advantage to getting the 5700 elite vs the standard 5700?

My assumption is that the Vortex will be doing all of the applied ballistics solving while the kestrel will just be providing the atmospheric conditions (or at the very least wind speed&direction)

Is there any advantage to getting the kestrel elite that I’m missing? Is it worth having it in case I use a traditional rangefinder to have the redundancy of capabilities?

Buying the 5700 Elite is what I'd recommend since you'll likely pay to upgrade it later. I also think you need an Elite to pair to the Fury AB? Don't quote me on that. Redundancy is a good thing to have in your bag.

I use the binoculars for dope during matches and it is always within .1 mils of my Kestrel. I mostly just use the Kestrel for wind calls now, if necessary. Both are great pieces of equipment.

Reactions: SICARIO