• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel FW upgrade problem

Kestrel Ballistics

Commercial Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2018
Boothwyn PA
kestrelinstruments.com
UPDATE: For anyone with a Kestrel 5700 units with a firmware version at 1.12 (you can check your fw version in the About/Version menu) or below who cannot update their firmware, please download and connect to our Kestrel LiNK Weather application (iOS or Android). You should get prompted for an update but please note the gun profiles on the Kestrel will be erased. Once you have successfully updated through the Weather app, disconnect and close the app. Then reconnect to the Kestrel LiNK Ballistics application and you should then get prompted for any additional updates. We are looking into fixing this problem in the future to avoid this additional step. Thank you.

Thanks Kestrel for the heads up. I purchased a Bushnell /Kestrel Conx combo a month ago NOS on Amazon, and another Sportsman NOS a few days ago. They are definitely out there and a great bargain , but can be difficult to update. I stumbled upon the above procedure by accident after excellent support from your tech staff. This will help frustrated members who bought them recently.

I'm trying to do the update through the weather app and it gets to about 15-20% then closes out