• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel HUD issue

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
I’ve received the HUD today but I’ve one problem the backlight doesen’t works, so I’m unable to use it in low light condition.
any advice ?
system backlight is selected white or red but if I do double tap on the square button nothing happen.
I’ve ordered it before Christmas

Last edited:
I received my HUD just recently with Ver. 1.04. It's a fantastic product that would be even better if the backlight activation and deactivation would work. Orog I thought the unit was faulty but it works when you do three fast tappings and hold it the right way like a "girl". It is a software issue so hope we will get it resolved, eventually.

I received my HUD just recently with Ver. 1.04. It's a fantastic product that would be even better if the backlight activation and deactivation would work. Orog I thought the unit was faulty but it works when you do three fast tappings and hold it the right way like a "girl". It is a software issue so hope we will get it resolved, eventually.
My best suggestion if you found a repeatable bug is to make sure to report it immediately. Include:

1) Product name
2) Firmware version on it
3) Phone make, model, and OS version
4) Steps to reproduce.

Get it to them over here: https://kestrelballistics.com/nk/contact/contact-us/

And we have a very positive response > "Thanks for the feedback. It is something I heard before and hopefully, we can eventually address.
Joe Racosky
Sr. Product Support Manager
Nielsen-Kellerman

Reactions: DocUSMCRetired