• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Link Ballistics App vs Applied Ballistics Profile Loader

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Any advantage to the Applied Ballistics Profile Loader over the Kestrel Ballistics App? I’ve been doing firmware updates through the Kestrel App as well as transferring profiles. I also keep a hard copy as a back up. Playing around with the AB Profile Loader and checking the user manual I wasn’t sure if I was missing something. I saw that the Kestrel 5 series is not compatible with the dongle for use... I ordered a usb cable.

The mobile apps fail to perform the firmware updates for many users, the Windows app and USB/optical cable always works. IMO Bluetooth is inherently unreliable as no one seems to follow the design standards.

Another advantage of the Windows app is it is much easier to keep archived/revisions of your profiles. Browse right into the Profile folder and copy the .pro files wherever you want (or move them if updating a friend's device etc.)

Reactions: USMC22
is the Mac version of the loader still unubtanium? I keep searching and seeing references to a page for available download yet everything is wiped clean and no where to be found

is the Mac version of the loader still unubtanium? I keep searching and seeing references to a page for available download yet everything is wiped clean and no where to be found

I do not know if there is a AB Loader for Mac, there is a Link version for it that can use the USB cable or Bluetooth. It can do the firmware updates and export data, but I have no idea if it will let you access the gun profiles.

Some past discussion on it and also how to make the Windows version run on a Mac: