• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Recall Question

MilDot1960

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2013
I have spent the last couple of days reading alot of older posts and I have a question For NK Kestrel, I see that there was a Recall on the 4000 series for those with the serial numbers going up to 608,000+ and that was back in 7/30/2010, so my concerns are because in April or May this year I just bought my Kestrel 4000NV and it has falls within those numbers which means this 4000NV was 3 years old before I got it from the Retailers so what I want to know is was this returned to Kestrel and the fault put right or was it left on the shelf and not corrected and what proof is there that it ever went back to be put right??

Thanks and awaiting an answer, John

Last edited:
Kestrel Recall Question

I think mine may be effected by this. I managed to find a surplus model. No way to know if it was returned for service. Tag for info.

Last edited:
I'm on it. Will get back to you ASAP

Thanks Mate I did email you about another issue a while back which I got resolved after your reply so thank you for your help in that matter Also.

Blessins, John

What is the recall for? I had no idea there was one.

There is/was an issue with the Density Altitude Sensor/OR Setting as in it did not work correctly below 32F

John

Last edited:
Chris?? Is there a test I can do to check if it is OK beause the readings are very close to Perfect and it is A Hundred Times more Accurite than What Kestrel Say (specs) are

John

To all;
Contact Joe and he will square this away. Have SN ready.

(610)447-1555 ext. 130
[email protected]

Hi, Well I did email Joe when you posted his email here on the 18th of September and Im not impressed its been 12 Days I have'nt heard as much as a mouse Fart from NK So I guess I asked a Question about something they had hoped would go Away or maybe they thought I would.

Message To All,,,,,,,, I found a converter on Line that if you Type in the readings of your Kestrel it will give you the all the numbers it should be reading

Anyway, By doing this I have found out that My Kestrel Is within 0.002 inhg and the DA is Perfect, If any of you want the link shoot me a Line and I will give you the link and tell you How to,

This will only show you how Accurite the readings Are.

John

Last edited:
Well I've been away with a training event ( still doing the active duty sniper thing) as for not getting a response from Joe ill email him right now and find out.

Hi, Its not your fault, Period, and you have far more pressing things going on in your Life,

john