• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Sportsman not updating?

JMGlasgow

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Apr 13, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    I have a Kestrel Sportsman AB that is on version 1.49. A friend of mine has an Elite that is on version 1.53. Is my Kestrel up to date?

Also, i just checked mine. i had an old version of the app. there is a whole new app and when i connected it updated immediately. check your app version.

After I reinstalled it the software version is 298

When the Kestrel connects to the app it goes through the authentication process, checks firmware and hardware, and then it's ready to use. No mention of an update needed.

After I reinstalled it the software version is 298

When the Kestrel connects to the app it goes through the authentication process, checks firmware and hardware, and then it's ready to use. No mention of an update needed.
    This app right?

IMG_6973.jpeg

Kestrel Link Ballistics. The icon has the bird and a bullet in the image
    That’s the old app or at least a different one. I downloaded this one and mine updated immediately which was a nice surprise cause I have only ever done it via my pc.

Interesting I am still using the black and yellow app. Had no clue there was a different one. I just went and updated mine but don’t have a clue what version it updated too.

I’ll have to look into the new app.

I downloaded the other app, connected my Kestrel Sportsman AB Link and ConX and now when I want to check for updates it gives me this message. I've tried it on 2 different wireless networks and still no luck.

Screenshot_20240315_065433.jpg

Updated yesterday through my iPhone to version 1.53 on the sportsman.