Kestrel to hard data buttonology for future conditions.

OREGUN

Alpine Orangutan
Banned !
Minuteman
Supporter+
  • Apr 29, 2014
    Out West
    I want to build a data card for a known temperature range and elevation. Anyone tell me which buttons to push to get my kestrel to give me ballistic solutions for future conditions. I messed around with turning enviros to locked and setting the temp I want but I’m not sure how to get the various pressure/elevation (baro sync) settings to stop sensing.

I want to tell the box what the elevation will be and the temperature and I’m fine with assuming some mid-range ”altimeter setting”.

Thanks

TacticalDillhole

Shiner of shoes
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jun 26, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    The kestrel is a real time data sensor and solution. If you want to build cards and have them line up with the kestrel, you will need to purchase AB Mobile or tactical depending if you are Apple or Android. That’s my best advice.

OREGUN

Alpine Orangutan
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Apr 29, 2014
    Out West
    And here I was thinking I could fingerbang the kestrel into believing it was somewhere else for a few minutes.

Taylorbok

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 16, 2017
    Sask, Canada
    the AB app isn't great IMO, I use Strelok on my phone, much easier/ better IMO.
    JBM is free if you wanna do that.

OREGUN

Alpine Orangutan
    Banned !
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Apr 29, 2014
    Out West
    Pretty sure I can just lock the enviros and adjust the station pressure to give me a range of solutions for whatever Denalt I want. Then, on site, pick the denalt range that is indicated by the sensed denalt (which will be a live combo of elevation, station pressure and temp).

I was just curious if it was possible to lock out all the sensors and put in my own elevation, station pressure and temp and get a solution.

These are the things I’m pondering on a Thanksgiving morning.

Reactions: camocorvette

2aBaC̶a̶

Humans are amusing
    Minuteman
    Jan 27, 2019
    I Da ho
    I have an older model and can adjust just it in weather mode and it reflects in the ab environment.