• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel Upgrades to 4500NV w/ Applied Ballistics ??

Texaslongshot

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2018
So i have the Kestrel 4500 NV with Applied Ballistics. When i turn it on it says Iss 4.89. I purchased this several years ago and then went back to school and my shooting life got put on hold. However i am about to get back into the swing of things again. I never really got comfortable using it as I only had it for a short time before I went off to school.

Anyway it seems now that the Kestrel 5700 elite is the top unit being offered. I don't have the money to upgrade right now so i would like to get the most out of my 4500.

My questions is do i need to do any firmware updates to my unit? It has a blue tooth function. Are there any apps that are compatible with this unit. I really don't even remember the purpose of the blue tooth function.

Any and all suggestions to get my unit up to speed to and get the most out of it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

I’m pretty sure it’s kind of a stand alone paper weight unfortunately. I mean it will work as is but that model has been discontinued and I don’t believe it’s being supported any longer. As for Bluetooth, it won’t connect to apple devices and most of today’s LRF’s as it’s a different Bluetooth protocol. @Kestrel Ballistics may be able offer additional info.