• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Kestrel w/ Horus ATRAG - Which Litz Data is best?

338macgruber

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2012
Utah, U.S.A.
www.hooliganmedia.com
I just picked up the Kestrel w/ Horus ATRAG & have the Applied Ballistics for Long-Range Shooting book by Bryan Litz - what is the recommended BC to plug into the horus software? G1 or G7 or ?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Kestrel w/ Horus ATRAG - Which Litz Data is best?

I know the difference between G1 & G7 , my question is which works best with the Horus & is there a menu option that tells it whether it is G7 or G1?

For example the BC for a 168 SMK BTHP is 0.218 G7 & 0.427 G1

It doesn't matter, I just looked it up, the Horus ATrag in the Kestrel only supports G1 profiles. That being said I've found that using the G7 profile in ballistics programs provides me with more accurate data out beyond 600 yards or so.

What trigger said. The Atrag is only in G1 with the Kestrel. I have not tried it with G7 numbers.

I just use Litz's G1 numbers in the BC field, been accurate for me at any range.