• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel won't talk to AB phone app

Alex126

Lance for life
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
NC
I got a new phone recently and now I can't acquire atmosphere from my Kestrel 5700. I had no issues with my previous phone, the devices are paired properly, there just isn't any communication. Anyone else run into this?

It isn't super serious, AB on the Kestrel works fine, but sometimes I prefer the user interface on my phone for convenience.

If it is an Android make sure you allow Location permissions for the AB app and that Location is enabled under Security & location.

Reactions: Alex126
Done both of the above, same result. I'm at a loss. It seems like the issue might be with the app.

This may not do anything for you, but try and uninstall and reinstall the app.

bluetooth is a shitty standard - thats the problem. I have 1 LT phone it dont talk to but a couple. BT is a PITA standard created by incompetent europeans back in early 2000s ...

Reactions: Baron23
bluetooth is a shitty standard - thats the problem. I have 1 LT phone it dont talk to but a couple. BT is a PITA standard created by incompetent europeans back in early 2000s ...
You aren't wrong, at all. Unfortunately it's what we're stuck with for now.