• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kevin McCarthy: GOP Votes to Repeal Army of 87,000 IRS Agents as Its ‘Very First Act of the New Congress’

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

U.S. Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) celebrates while holding the Speaker's gavel after being elected as Speaker in the House at the U.S. Capitol on January 07, 2023 in Washington, DC. After four days of voting and 15 ballots McCarthy secured enough votes to become Speaker of the …

The Republican-led United States House of Representatives voted to repeal the billions Democrats desired to spend on an army of IRS agents, as House Speaker Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) identified the action as the “very first act of the new Congress.”
“House Republicans just voted unanimously to repeal the Democrats’ army of 87,000 IRS agents. This was our very first act of the new Congress, because government should work for you, not against you. Promises made. Promises kept,” McCarthy announced Monday night:
🚨 House Republicans just voted unanimously to repeal the Democrats' army of 87,000 IRS agents 🚨
This was our very first act of the new Congress, because government should work for you, not against you.
Promises made. Promises kept.
— Kevin McCarthy (@SpeakerMcCarthy) January 10, 2023
Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA) also announced the GOP-led House’s move, noting that “every Democrat voted no.”
“Tells you all you need to know,” he added, as others also celebrated the first action of the new Congress:
🚨 BREAKING → The House just voted to repeal funding for Biden’s 87,000 new IRS agents.
Every Democrat voted no. Tells you all you need to know.
— Steve Scalise (@SteveScalise) January 10, 2023
Imagine being a Democrat who voted aganist defunding more IRS agents to protect hardworking Americans and small businesses from being targeted by the federal government.
Have fun explaining that one to your constituents back home.
COULDN'T BE ME!!
🏿FL-19🏿
— Congressman Byron Donalds (@RepDonaldsPress) January 10, 2023
Nixing the 87,000 IRS agents tonight and conservatives are just getting started! pic.twitter.com/SfiWyOxX5j
— Rep. Lauren Boebert (@RepBoebert) January 10, 2023
We WILL repeal funding for the Administration’s 87,000 new IRS agents this week.
— Rep. Nancy Mace (@RepNancyMace) January 9, 2023
Democrats have engaged in egregious spending and now they aim to pay for their reckless behavior by taking more of your hard-earned money.
— Wesley Hunt (@WesleyHuntTX) January 10, 2023
First act of the Republican majority: DEFUNDING 87,000 IRS Agents targeting American families
Proud to vote YES!
— Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸 (@RepMTG) January 10, 2023
Tonight I will vote to DEFUND the 87,000 IRS agents hired to go after YOU!
— Ronny Jackson (@RonnyJacksonTX) January 9, 2023
Indeed, Republican leadership fulfilled their promise to strip the IRS of the billions more for IRS funding. The $80 billion increase over the next decade had come under severe scrutiny, as conservatives warned that a fleet of IRS agents would target everyday Americans.
Congress initially passed the $700 billion “Inflation Reduction Act” in August 2022, a law which would not actually reduce inflation but grow government in a variety of ways, including expanding the IRS with $80 billion. Such action would make it a bigger agency than “the Pentagon, State Department, FBI, and Border Patrol combined,” as Breitbart News detailed.

During a December appearance on Jesse Watters Primetime, then-GOP leader McCarthy stated that the Republican-led House would vote to repeal the 87,000 IRS agents “on the very first day.”

McCarthy and the republican house majority will thump their chest and make a lot of noise. They will accomplish very little. The senate will not pass the bills the house puts forward, and if the senate passed it Brandon would veto it anyway.

Both parties make a lot of noise about things they want to do when they are in the minority. When they hold the majority in the senate, house, and have the same party as president, then they do little of what they made noise about. Refer to the Contract With America when the republicans had majorities in the house and the senate, and Bush was president. They didn't do much of what they promised.

Anybody remember the 100 times the republicans got a vote done in the house to completely repeal obamacare & used to trumpet it to everyone?

Of course that was when they knew it was going nowhere.

The moment the Republicans had the house, senate and white house, they instantly couldn't possibly repeal obamacare...

Anybody remember the 100 times the republicans got a vote done in the house to completely repeal obamacare & used to trumpet it to everyone?

Of course that was when they knew it was going nowhere.

The moment the Republicans had the house, senate and white house, they instantly couldn't possibly repeal obamacare...
And they never will.

The dems give stuff away and the RINOs stand around with their thumbs up their asses because taking away "free" stuff isn't polling well right now. The best part is that we're the suckers footing the bill for this scheme.

I like to think that if a bunch of goons tried to shake me down for 40% of my income I'd go John Rambo on their asses.

Then I look at my pay stubs and the realization that I'm actually a giant pussy sinks in....

I don't think republicans are worse, but often they are not much better.
Romney? Grahm? Mccain? Bush? Really? At least you can believe democrats when they tell you theyre going to ruin your way of life and enslave you. Republicans will rally against it, grandstand on fox, vote when its meaningless then make a deal to fuck you in the ass. I hate them all and it kills me to vote for them

I don't think republicans are worse, but often they are not much better.
Im not trying to give you shit its just time we realize we dont have any representation. Theyre not there for us. We are theyre product/subservients. And until that changes nothing will improve. Admission is the first step lol

One is just a faster bleed to death than the other.

Romney? Grahm? Mccain? Bush? Really? At least you can believe democrats when they tell you theyre going to ruin your way of life and enslave you. Republicans will rally against it, grandstand on fox, vote when its meaningless then make a deal to fuck you in the ass. I hate them all and it kills me to vote for them

I wish I had a good argument against your statement, but I don't. The grandstanding really is meaningless, and only done to gain votes. I'm conservative, and the republican party as a whole is failing to be conservative. But, the Dems will never be conservative.

They republicans can't pass anything without senate and potus , so if the democrats don't want it you can put the bill in the round filing bin. Democrats can't pass any bills either unless they have republican support which is more likely.

Then don’t vote for them. I don’t any longer. I refuse to legitimize illegitimate elections full of hand selected politicians.

Good job, rinos. But this is only the start of turning your head around to glance in the right direction before taking many more steps in the right direction. You could just keep right on going with the irs and get rid of the entire department. After all, you supposedly took an oath to protect and uphold the constitution.

notice how the first vote wasnt about immigration reform, yet they all said it was #1 on the campaign trail

more career lightweights that wont put their dick on the line when it counts

keep voting on bills that if they pass or fail, that voters will forget about

let them go back and argue about who goes to church more while the country slides

Another PR vote for the R's to get some air play and print media. The sheep will read or hear the story and believe something has been done on their behalf . But, will forget about it until they get a fisting in the future by the IRS.
Bread and circus for the sheep . Nothing more .
This is the shit that makes me loath the R's more than the democrats. Democrats get power and they use and abuse it for every second they got it.
The R's spout a bunch of conservative talking points and wax eloquent on the Constitution and bill of rights. During elections. Then do nothing when they obtain the power to change things. They do NOTHING MEANINGFUL! God damn grifters is what they are!

The first thing that needs to be cleaned is the MSM. Then the education system and maybe then in the next two or so generations we can get back to being America.

I had to come back and edit. I was just wondering how this lip service worked out now that he's the speaker??
It's all status quo bullshit. The minority of politicians only care about themselves and what they can get. Dims RINOs are two wings on the same bird. Needed to talk out both sides of their mouths to tell the sheeple what they think they want to hear. More importantly, keep the public divided. I truly believe some go in with the right intentions, but if they don't fall in line, they don't become "status quo". I've watched good men get elected as sheriff, a few years later the stories of corruption start. I've known a couple that had true integrity, but that's rare.

Whatever happened with this. Is there 87,000 new IRS agents or not??

Whatever happened with this. Is there 87,000 new IRS agents or not??

86,999 actually.

And McCarthy (RINO) gave Biden a blank check by suspending the debt ceiling until January 2025. So the Dims can spend money like drunk sailors wrecking this country until they get their next puppet in the WH.

and instead of putting up a fight of any kind they roll over and nurse from the teet of old Joe Biden way to go rips .

• Angry
Reactions: Tokay444