• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kevin O'Leary on CNBC.

Dot3

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 31, 2021
NC

Good for him saying what needs to be said to the ones who need to hear it the most. Problem is, all 30,000 viewers are so far down the hole that they can't process it. The comments say as much. I laughed my way through all 5 minutes of this.

Always enjoy his commentary on CNBC he's a no BS unapologetic voice of reason that cuts the bs like a knife.

Did you spend your Covid bucks or send that back to the treasury?

You can pay trillions for all kinda bullshit but the ONE thing that actually helps the nation, education; People get bent out of shape over.

GOV created the problem, they should own it and eat it.

Did you spend your Covid bucks or send that back to the treasury?

You can pay trillions for all kinda bullshit but the ONE thing that actually helps the nation, education; People get bent out of shape over.

GOV created the problem, they should own it and eat it.
Not the type of education over which these fucks are crying should be free or subsidized. That's not helping a fucking thing.

I recognize the predatory nature of these loans and how inflated the price of a college education is. I'm down to see them forgive the interest on loans. Makes me no nevermind. It's already a tax break though. I have a cousin who graduated a year ago with a Masters in Flute playing. That's not the actual title but it's something like that. I asked what she was doing and she replied that she was working in a bakery. :unsure: I have no idea how much debt she's in because it seemed inappropriate to ask. But at some point, the decision to get not 4 but 6 years of higher ed to play the flute should make people question their own judgment.

I recognize the predatory nature of these loans and how inflated the price of a college education is. I'm down to see them forgive the interest on loans. Makes me no nevermind. It's already a tax break though. I have a cousin who graduated a year ago with a Masters in SKIN Flute playing. That's not the actual title but it's something like that. I asked what she was doing and she replied that she was working in a bakery. :unsure: I have no idea how much debt she's in because it seemed inappropriate to ask. But at some point, the decision to get not 4 but 6 years of higher ed to play the skin flute should make people question their own judgment.
FIFY

They are trying to get us angry and to hate more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
Not the type of education over which these fucks are crying should be free or subsidized. That's not helping a fucking thing.
Not everyone gets a worthless degree. You need to encourage people to get education in sciences, business, economics, medicine ect.

Reactions: Adam B
They are trying to et us angry and to hate more.
Its class warfare. Same shit they always do to divide everyone.

Get those who never went to school pissed at those who could get free/reduced education.
Get those who paid for their schooling pissed at those who could get free/forgiven loans.

All the fucking money this country wastes on dumb shit that actually hurts it, and people getting wound up about education, that is free in many western countries for example.

Reactions: Bender
Nothing is free

ba0.jpg

No its not but a 17 or 18 year old is not mentaly capable or finacnialy litterate enough to understand what they are getting their selves into. Add an entire system designed to rape them an enrich school systems, IMO they should not be saddled with the bag of debt that can't even be discharged in bankruptcy.

The system has caused the cost to skyrocket to the point its very hard to pay back, even if you get a great job out of school. Its not 20+ years ago where you could go to school and work part time to pay off the cost. That ship sailed.

The male brain does not even fully develop until 25.

Thats why the military likes them young, dumb and impressionable.

No its not but a 17 or 18 year old is not mentaly capable or finacnialy litterate enough to understand what they are getting their selves into. Add an entire system designed to rape them an enrich school systems, IMO they should not be saddled with the bag of debt that can't even be discharged in bankruptcy.

The system has caused the cost to skyrocket to the point its very hard to pay back, even if you get a great job out of school. Its not 20+ years ago where you could go to school and work part time to pay off the cost. That ship sailed.

So at what age does personal responsibility begin?

Asking for a friend. . .

Dems doing nothing more than pandering to their base. Millenials who bought into the "go to college and find yourself" scam.

College actually used to be affordable before the government got involved and started guaranteeing loan payback so Sally Mae felt ok with handing out loans like food stamps. since people werent actually paying out of their own pockets the colleges started price gouging.

imagine what they could get away with charging for gas if the government was handing out free gas cards.

once again government caused this problem and is trying to solve it on our backs.

No idea how the hell "we" (the US Gov) gets out from underneath this. Do they just forgive all debts and then stop giving loans full stop? I'm sure that will fuck everyone over - can the students sue colleges to lower prices at that point? Can the Government start going after these Boards of Fellows and Endowments that became billion-dollar piggy banks full of student loan dollars? I definitely don't support more government overreach even if its against shitty colleges.

College prices have crept up slowly over the last few decades, they will not go back down overnight, though they should since most programs out there are just atrocious horse shit. I don't know shit about shit but I work at the tippy-top of cloud cybersecurity and have audited programs from shitty online place like Grand Canyon and WGU up to Harvard, Rutgers and OSU and YIKES - most won't even point you in the right direction to getting in an entry-level position let alone teach you something cutting edge. I cannot imagine how they are in other degree programs.

Plus, the gov is way too big and full of idiots to do anything to begin with.

Its a racket. you have to stop the racket. Big Education is one of the largest lobbies in DC. Sally Mae and lenders are A huge lobby in DC. they have rigged the game in their favor. Now they're just looking for the ultimate payout.

those two are responsible for this mess they should be sqeezed to relive it.

stop the gurantee payback and put the risk back in it for lenders and they will stop throwing money around. when colleges get cutoff for unlimited free money then they will have to actually compete on price. people have to understand that the Government regulations created this situation where high interest student loans are really no risk predatory lending.

if they want to throw money around then they should incentivise certain industries like engineering with grants and not others like liberal arts and gender studies.

No idea how the hell "we" (the US Gov) gets out from underneath this. Do they just forgive all debts and then stop giving loans full stop? I'm sure that will fuck everyone over - can the students sue colleges to lower prices at that point? Can the Government start going after these Boards of Fellows and Endowments that became billion-dollar piggy banks full of student loan dollars? I definitely don't support more government overreach even if its against shitty colleges.

College prices have crept up slowly over the last few decades, they will not go back down overnight, though they should since most programs out there are just atrocious horse shit. I don't know shit about shit but I work at the tippy-top of cloud cybersecurity and have audited programs from shitty online place like Grand Canyon and WGU up to Harvard, Rutgers and OSU and YIKES - most won't even point you in the right direction to getting in an entry-level position let alone teach you something cutting edge. I cannot imagine how they are in other degree programs.

Plus, the gov is way too big and full of idiots to do anything to begin with.
The solution is for the government to get out of student loan business except for qualified students. It has driven the costs up exponentially while resulting in a poor products.

I am convinced its just another way to turn taxpayer dollars into Liberal Slush funds the same way they do with NGOs. A huge fucking racket no one really knows where all the money is going.

They should forgive all student debt and student loans should be based off of future earning potential. Want a bullshit degree? Cool pay for it. Want to become and Engineer or Accountant or Chemist? Sure we will give you NO interest loans.

But none of this shit will never happen. Merit is racist.

Yeah - I worked in higher education for a bit.

The marble floors, $500/day per-diem for travel meals, and the giant solid brass sculpture in the massive atrium should have been a red ringing bell that something was fucked up.

If you couldn't get a student loan except for highly paying careers I'd be OK with it. Like "6 figure starting salary" type degrees you could get a loan on. Why? Because almost every one of those degrees require a shit ton of infrastructure to teach. Like a nuclear reactor. Or an airport. Or a hospital.

Otherwise, the $150k loan for an English degree can fuck off.

Took me 10 years to finish college. The GI Bill helped, but it wasn't free, I had to earn it. I worked a full time job and went to school at night. There are ways of going to college and not having debt when you get finished.

If we are going to give free college and be more like Europe, then we need to follow the same rules. You get tested and if you don't test well you go to trade schools after you complete your military service of 2 years. For those who tested well and get to go to college when you finish you get 4 years of military service. This actually may stop all the wars the US gets into if we did this.

Back to those who took out loans for school, you own that shit and it's on you. Life isn't fair, you signed the contract and not the kid down the street. Too many kids going to college that shouldn't be going, most fail out the first year and are stuck with that student debt and they aren't going to raise the counties GDP. Yes there is predatory loaning out there and if you have kids you need to help them and guide them in the right direction. School guidance counselors should stop pushing college on everyone, it's not for everyone.

Took me 10 years to finish college. The GI Bill helped, but it wasn't free, I had to earn it. I worked a full time job and went to school at night. There are ways of going to college and not having debt when you get finished.

If we are going to give free college and be more like Europe, then we need to follow the same rules. You get tested and if you don't test well you go to trade schools after you complete your military service of 2 years. For those who tested well and get to go to college when you finish you get 4 years of military service. This actually may stop all the wars the US gets into if we did this.

Back to those who took out loans for school, you own that shit and it's on you. Life isn't fair. you signed the contract and not the kid down the street. Too many kids going to college that shouldn't be going, most fail out the first year and are stuck with that student debt and they aren't going to raise the counties GDP. Yes there is predatory loaning out there and if you have kids you need to help them and guide them in the right direction. School guidance counselors should stop pushing college on everyone, it's not for everyone.
Reminds me of my favorite plan to focus all of our war fighting onto productive topics.

The second Congress votes to go to war they are inducted into the US military as E1's in a combat MOS and shipped the fuck out for the duration. Combat is mandatory.

Sure would focus our behaviors.

That is an open ended question but its not black and white.
What are you, a liberal attorney?

Nice dodge, counselor.

However, I know, that you know, what I mean.

If you can't be (personally) responsible, (because your brain isn't fully developed) you don't qualify for the loan.

Now that wasn't too hard to comprehend, now was it?

What are you, a liberal attorney?

Nice dodge, counselor.

However, I know, that you know, what I mean.

If you can't be (personally) responsible, (because your brain isn't fully developed) you don't qualify for the loan.

Now that wasn't too hard to comprehend, now was it?

Attachments

• 991.gif
    991.gif
    241.7 KB · Views: 29

Back to those who took out loans for school, you own that shit and it's on you. Life isn't fair, you signed the contract and not the kid down the street. Too many kids going to college that shouldn't be going, most fail out the first year and are stuck with that student debt and they aren't going to raise the counties GDP. Yes there is predatory loaning out there and if you have kids you need to help them and guide them in the right direction. School guidance counselors should stop pushing college on everyone, it's not for everyone.
What year was this? Not everyone wants to waste 10 years of their life.

Everything else you said is bullshit and ignorant.

First off I didn't waist 10 years of my life. I worked a job as a manager and acquired skills along with my degree. Pretty much every thing you have said is bullshit.
If it took you 10 years you were not full time and it was cheap paying per credit hour.

Full time students don't have the luxury of working full time with a challenging degree. They still have to pay living expenses plus full freight.

Comparing someone who took 10 years to get 120 credits to people who can do it in 3-4 is retarded.

My daughter is a Pre-Vet Major in school right now. She will be a senior this next year. So far, between her scholarships and her mom and I paying for it, she has no student debt. However, vet school will be between $50,000-$60,000 a year, maybe more, for a 4-year degree. There's no way I can pay that. Now that Joe Biden has destroyed the economy, and interest rates are about to go through the roof, it will take her half a lifetime to pay her loans off, if she ever can. But, that's what has to be done to be a professional these days. I guess we'll see how it goes. It makes me sick to see her, and all young people, trying to better their lives, be strapped to a government ball and chain like this.

FJB, and F all the politicians who have done this to the youth of this country.

My daughter is a Pre-Vet Major in school right now. She will be a senior this next year. So far, between her scholarships and her mom and I paying for it, she has no student debt. However, vet school will be between $50,000-$60,000 a year, maybe more, for a 4-year degree. There's no way I can pay that. Now that Joe Biden has destroyed the economy, and interest rates are about to go through the roof, it will take her half a lifetime to pay her loans off, if she ever can. But, that's what has to be done to be a professional these days. I guess we'll see how it goes. It makes me sick to see her, and all young people, trying to better their lives, be strapped to a government ball and chain like this.

The Army will pay for Vet School, MOS 64A.

They can fucking vote.
I want my land note paid off...
I'll feed more people than any of these dipshits will.
This may be sarcasm ^^^.
17-18 year olds stormed the beaches at Normandy, these pussies can pay off their own debts.

R

They can fucking vote.
I want my land note paid off...
I'll feed more people than any of these dipshits will.
This may be sarcasm ^^^.
17-18 year olds stormed the beaches at Normandy, these pussies can pay off their own debts.

R
I joined the army at 17 and was in Iraq by 19. Doesn't make it right. I like many my age did not fully understand what I was getting myself into. Watching your friends die pointlessly for bullshit wars is something you realize when you are a bit older, and maybe you would have made different decisions would you have understood this.

Throwing KIDS into the meat grinder is great if you are a politician who has no problem sending cannon fodder to their deaths or to get maimed for life, but they do not understand the gravity and long term effects of their decisions. Its WHY they let them join so young. They don't want people who question, or think for themselves, they want mindless drones who will do what they are told. It doesn't make it right and people live a lifetime fucked up as a result. Is an 18 year old driver worse than a 25 year old? Who makes better decisions?

Women used to marry and have kids at 12 and 13 too, blacks used to have almost no rights,ect. What happened in the past is not a good indicator of what we should do now as a society.

You can still quit the army if you don't like it, walk away and get chaptered out. You can't get student loans discharged even in bankruptcy.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I joined the army at 17 and was in Iraq by 19. Doesn't make it right. I like many my age did not fully understand what I was getting myself into. Watching your friends die pointlessly for bullshit wars is something you realize when you are a bit older, and maybe you would have made different decisions would you have understood this.

Throwing KIDS into the meat grinder is great if you are a politician who has no problem sending cannon fodder to their deaths or to get maimed for life, but they do not understand the gravity and long term effects of their decisions. Its WHY they let them join so young. They don't want people who question, or think for themselves, they want mindless drones who will do what they are told. It doesn't make it right and people live a lifetime fucked up as a result. Is an 18 year old driver worse than a 25 year old? Who makes better decisions?

Women used to marry and have kids at 12 and 13 too, blacks used to have almost no rights,ect. What happened in the past is not a good indicator of what we should do now as a society.

You can still quit the army if you don't like it, walk away and get chaptered out. You can't get student loans discharged even in bankruptcy.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Couple questions:
I hear they have academic standards to enter these institutions?

Would these include mathematics?

I hear these kids have parents/parent?

What are the odds those parents have taken a loan for something before?

How many of these kids are getting a 80-150k loan without a cosigner?

What is the purpose to earn/gain this education?

What is the market/pay scale for said degree?

Do the folks who didn't/couldn't go get 80-150k?

FYI
I was signing loans larger than the average school debt before I could drive.

You are using a false premise equating rights with contractual responsibilities.

You act as if there aren't veterans to consult about signing up for service.

The last three at least are answers to deflections from the original topic.

Loans aren't life and death.

R

Last edited:
Reactions: lariat and lash
If it took you 10 years you were not full time and it was cheap paying per credit hour.

Full time students don't have the luxury of working full time with a challenging degree. They still have to pay living expenses plus full freight.

Comparing someone who took 10 years to get 120 credits to people who can do it in 3-4 is retarded.

Actually, it's a pretty reasonable comparison. I took 6 years to get my BS in Marketing and Computer Information Systems, double major. Graduated with zero debt and a 3.4 GPA. Everything in life is about choices and sacrifices. Some semesters I was working full time while I was taking a full course load. Not much free time those semesters, but I don't think any of it was wasted.

Working full time is ALWAYS an option, as is working part time. Most kids are too spoiled to work for their education, challenging degree or not, and most universities charge the same per credit hour whether you are full time or part time.

Couple questions:
I hear they have academic standards to enter these institutions?

Would these include mathematics?

I hear these kids have parents/parent?

What are the odds those parents have taken a loan for something before?

How many of these kids are getting a 80-150k loan without a cosigner?

What is the purpose to earn/gain this education?

What is the market/pay scale for said degree?

Do the folks who didn't/couldn't go get 80-150k?

FYI
I was signing loans larger than the average school debt before I could drive.

You are using a false premise equating rights with contractual responsibilities.

You act as if there aren't veterans to consult about signing up for service.

The last three at least are answers to deflections from the original topic.

Loans aren't life and death.

R
You don't need a Cosigner for gov loans. All you need to do is fill out FASFA. Since virtually all kids are below the poverty level because they don't have any real income, gov gives them loans, pell grants ect.

Kids have been told for 30 years they HAVE to go to college. Its been beaten in their ears by councilors, coaches, teachers, parents and the market that expects anyone remotely decent to have a degree.

Outside of a couple different trades and special technical areas, a college education is required for most professions.

You are not legally allowed to sign a contract before you are 18, so unless you were an emancipated minor, you are full of shit.

You can literally quit the Army and go home. You can't get school loans discharged no matter what. Debt is slavery and no 17 or 18 year old is financially literate enough to understand what they are really signing up for. Its the worst kind of predatory lending there is.

Again, you do not know what you are talking about.

Debt is a choice, good or bad it's still a choice. Life is full of them. I made some stupid financial choices in my life, and I always worked my way out of them without a fucking handout. Welcome to being an adult. I shouldn't be forced to pay for another person's debt, which is exactly what this debt "forgiveness" is through taxes.

You dont have to go to college to earn a good living. There are literally thousands of high paying jobs in the trades that require zero college.

You don't need a Cosigner for gov loans. All you need to do is fill out FASFA. Since virtually all kids are below the poverty level because they don't have any real income, gov gives them loans, pell grants ect.

Kids have been told for 30 years they HAVE to go to college. Its been beaten in their ears by councilors, coaches, teachers, parents and the market that expects anyone remotely decent to have a degree.

Outside of a couple different trades and special technical areas, a college education is required for most professions.

You are not legally allowed to sign a contract before you are 18, so unless you were an emancipated minor, you are full of shit.

You can literally quit the Army and go home. You can't get school loans discharged no matter what. Debt is slavery and no 17 or 18 year old is financially literate enough to understand what they are really signing up for. Its the worst kind of predatory lending there is.

Again, you do not know what you are talking about.
Took fasfa loans out for 2 of my 3 that have completed higher education.
Had to Cosign both.
Poverty level fasfa may not.
When it involves a corp of which I was a shareholder I can assure you I signed the loans.
You missed a couple of my questions.
Poverty doesn't have anything to do with having a parent/s.
Clearly you can't answer the posed questions.

Avoiding responsibilities is a tenet of liberals and children.
If you think 18 isn't old enough, lobby to change the legal age of adulthood, don't fuck the rest of the producers/tax payers.

The proposed legislation isnt debt forgiveness, its debt reassignment.

R

I worked full time,took up to 20 hours a semester(was free anything above 12 hours) taking level 300 and 400 chemistry classes along the way. I saw my tuition go from 400 a semester to over 3k in 4 years. From my personal experience the problem isnt useless degrees it is the market changed the requirements. And kids want the college experience. I worked for Dow and dupont early on. The people I worked beside had HS diplomas and GEDs. They actually made more doing the same job. Guess what happened, HR changed the requirements. Now back to college experience, as parents we often want to give our kids what we didn’t have so I can understand this sentiment. In the same token I watched relatives go to college and not strugle financially as i did. They did not have to work but managed housing and partying and a good run. Now let’s get to some real numbers. On average a college educated person
s lifetime will earn $1 million more than no degreed. Two things here, many got to enjoy four more years of HS an will make an a cool mil more than the non degreed person. They want the guy that changes my oil to pay for that bs? Get that shit out of here! At least with the 08 housing crash we saw reform. Now we are going to give a freebie to people that are educated? Were they too dumb to see their degrees were garbage or went to Columbia journalism / activism school and realized the the 50k a year they borrowed was idiotic? I could get onboard if something were to prevent from having to do the same shot in a few years. But here we are.

Back in the day, if you could manage it, you went to college. If you couldn't you got a job. There were no loans given to unemployed 18 year olds. That's life.

What is Life?

A magazine.

What does it cost?

20 cents.

But I only got a nickle.

Woah oh, that's tough.

Reactions: Int1968
Higher education has been a tool of indoctrination for the left and millennials are realizing their $250k degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on. Now they have kids.

Common sense says those millennials are unlikely to push their children to follow in their footsteps.

How's big brother going to continue manipulating the minds of young adults in the future?

They need this. It's a long term play.

Reminds me of my favorite plan to focus all of our war fighting onto productive topics.

The second Congress votes to go to war they are inducted into the US military as E1's in a combat MOS and shipped the fuck out for the duration. Combat is mandatory.

Sure would focus our behaviors.
They better all be in the same unit, comprised of only them, under the command of... oh, I don't know... maybe Col. Steele.

This is just an election-year stunt. But it also takes focus off the over-priced educational system/jobs program, allowing them to keep raising tuition and paying professors way more than they're worth. As usual, the left goes after a symptom rather than the cause.

Personal aside: Had a chance to reacquaint with a grade school chum, who went on to get a PhD in health. He was happy to brag that he only had to teach 3 hours a week, for which he received a lavish 6-figure salary(this was around 1990). When I was in school, 'Health' was kind of a joke major that many of the jocks were enrolled in.

Reactions: Seymour Fish
I recognize the predatory nature of these loans and how inflated the price of a college education is. I'm down to see them forgive the interest on loans. Makes me no nevermind. It's already a tax break though. I have a cousin who graduated a year ago with a Masters in Flute playing. That's not the actual title but it's something like that. I asked what she was doing and she replied that she was working in a bakery. :unsure: I have no idea how much debt she's in because it seemed inappropriate to ask. But at some point, the decision to get not 4 but 6 years of higher ed to play the flute should make people question their own judgment.
spot on, that's poor parenting and poor decision making on the kid errrr uhhh young adult. No one should be subsidizing that

the problem is we've abandoned the apprenticeship approach to things like this. I believe a few yrs classroom coupled with a few yrs apprenticeship would reduce the financial burden and create more qualified individuals

costs of college has skyrocketed due to gov't interference and bloat at the university levels. Just look at your high schools to see how many vice principals etc etc there are compared to when you were young despite the numbers of students not increasing dramatically. govt spending is a killer and trickles down.

it's insane to see professors making 150-300k or provosts making 300k minimum