• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Keymo brake or flash hider?

uwswimmer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2024
oregon
Hi. I am fairly new to bolt action/longer range shooting. I have a Ruger American predator that I put in a magpul chassis in 6.5 creedmoor. It is shooting .7 in groups at 100 yards with factory ammo and my limited skills which I think is great for a budget starter rifle. I have an Aero lahar 30 in jail that I plan on using on that host as well as a .223 bolt action, a 300 blk SBR and a standard semi auto 5.56. I have landed on the Keymo for ease of swapping back and forth. I had a brake on my 6.5 creedmoor, was not a fan, took it off and it shot better groups. Very well could have been user error but I am not sure If I should put the dead air brake on that rifle or the flash hider. Any advice on this? The land I shoot on had a section clear cut recently that gives me a clear and safe mile long shot and that is the goal. From what I have read if installed correctly the brake won't change accuracy, but I can't find much about that brake on a 6.5.

Thanks

If shooting 100% it really doesn't matter.

Brake if shooting shooting unsuppressed and you want recoil mitigation