• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Keystone Accuracy AR15 Ammo Recommendations

SBRSarge

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2019
I finished my AR15 upper. It is a 10” Keystone Accuracy barrel thermal fitted into a BCM upper. For testing, I put a NightForce 2.5-20x on it.

Does anyone with this barrel care to share what their barrel likes? I know, I know. Each is unique. But if a consensus starts to develop it might be helpful.

So far, CCI subsonic and subsonic HP group OK (about 1.5” @ 50 yards). Lapua Center-X grouped well (about .80” at 50 yards). Norma Match-22 grouped almost like the Lapua, but seemed waxy. Winchester Wildcat, well, err, um, ahem. If you haven’t anything nice to say, and all that…

Basically, I want to snipe the house sparrows at 55 yards when they try to invade the spouse’s bluebird houses. It justifies the rifle’s expense to the wife and makes me a hero when I pick one off.

See my post #35 Tenex and CenterX shoot best but AR Tactical Match shoots excellent for the money

Thanks padom, you rock.

The CCI AR looks intriguing. The copper coated bullets might help keep things cleaner in he rifle and suppressor.

I’ll pick up some Tenex and AR Tactical, and anything else the LGS has lying about for sale, and see what happens.

Cheers!