• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Keystone precision 22lr Upper

EscapeVelocity

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2010
Zanesville, Ohio
So I plunged into chasing accuracy in the semi auto 22lr world. I know this danger. I had a blast with my Feddersen 10/22 build, and for not alot of money.

With this build I hope to accomplish 2 main things:
1. Train/plink with a 22lr platform for cost
2. Shoot some steel matches

I have had a Vudo, Bergara, 10/22 build, and still shoot my 457 in matches. So this will be fun just to change things up. I ordered 10 round mags for it to shoot with a bipod in the matches.

So I have heard nothing but good things about Keystone. Anyone have any insight with theirs? I plan to post groups when I get it.

Do a search for Padom , he has done a few reviews using their barrels also the owner of keystone might jump in , a search in general will produce many post for bolt actions , Rimx , ar rimfire platform

I contemplated a /a few ar rimfire builds but never followed through , I like the keystone design

Reactions: EscapeVelocity
Just function, accuracy, what ammo it likes in general. Not much tho, I know Keystone has a good reputation. I assume your John? Lol

What ammo do they usually prefer? I run Eley match and tenex, or SK rifle match, CCI SV for plinking. Do the actions gum up with the lube?

Usually fired are SK standard, CCI SV, Wolf Match or Match Extra, (FYI) New Wolf Match lots I have been getting are made in England by Eley. It works in my 10/22 bullbarrel well. Of course we know rimfire ammo is lot to lot sensitive. In our Service Rifle lowers, they need cleaning after a lot of rimfire use. Upper not as much.

Here one that I built for myself several years ago. I have run several types of ammo through it, but as with any .22 semi auto, the more consistent the ammo, the better the reliability.

The upper needs regular cleaning as well at the trigger group due to the dirty nature of rimfire ammo, but if kept clean, they function surprisingly well due to the aid of the integrated feed ramp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221229_053548_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20221229_053548_Firefox.jpg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 87
Looking forward to my build! I'll see how it does this year in matches. I've ran a 10/22 build in the past with good results, so this will be fun.

Ok here she is. Keystone Accuracy upper (18" at .850 diameter), CMMG bolt, mil spec upper and CH.

I only have about 200 rounds through it, but it's running great so far. Initially a few malfunctions, but it's breaking in. Then I ran Eley Tenex and here are the groups at 50 yards. That puts the average 5 shot group right about .5". This is also with a mil spec 9000 pound trigger. So I'll shoot again when the Larue MBT arrives.
20230110_134132.jpg
20230110_134140.jpg
20230109_124536.jpg