• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KGM R30T adapters?

chevy_man

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2019
    Just bought 2 r30T this morning. Got them for well under MSRP and couldn't help myself.

Just realized they're a taper thread qd mount. I thought they were just a tan colored r30, as did the nfa sales guy.

Anybody know if they're the same as another brand? Or do I need to buy a few extras before they're unobtainable?

I figured since they come with a 5/8 I just need a 1/2” for each to cover the just in case I need it. Plan on using it as a direct thread, I'll never leave the muzzle device on or shim it to any particular rifle.

I would have bought TBAC but our local gun store can't get them as TBAC just can't get them out the door.

I picked up a free cert for a KGM can at the Cameo Guardian Match last year and working with them was great!

They did confirm to me that the R30T does NOT come with the HUB compatibility. That is the R30. The “T” variant is compatible with the adapter that will be shipped with the can. They sold the R30T to the FBI for a contract that had a guaranteed accuracy. So I assume they wanted to eliminate any variables that the different HUBs can bring.

Hope this helps

Sounds like I need to grab a few adapters while I can then.

So does this mean you can thread the taper mount out of the back of the R30T? If so is it the asr thread pitch?

1681092483653.png

The R30T is NOT compatible with any of the HUBs (ASR, Keymo, etc.). It was designed to eliminate as much tolerance stacking from other manufacturers as possible as mentioned above.
    So does this mean you can thread the taper mount out of the back of the R30T? If so is it the asr thread pitch?

Reactions: spooledup
    KGM isn’t going anywhere, they just had more contract work than capacity and had to turn off commercial sales for a while. You can purchase more brakes straight from their website, shouldn’t be any drama.

Reactions: spooledup
    KGM isn’t going anywhere, they just had more contract work than capacity and had to turn off commercial sales for a while. You can purchase more brakes straight from their website, shouldn’t be any drama.

Brakes are bought now.

Just didn't want to see them vanish from the commercial market.

Once they get here, I'll have to verify thread size and pitch. See if they cross over.

I’ve not run the R30T but the regular R30 is a great sounding can. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed

I have an R30T. The thread doesn’t cross to anything I’ve seen, it is close to tbac cb but not quite. It’s far heavier than the R30 probably because it was full auto rated as a contract spec.

Photo below Left to right is R30T, R30K, R6.5, R6. The r30k and r6.5 have area 419 hellfire adapters in this photo.

Attachments

• IMG_2907.jpeg
      IMG_2907.jpeg
      474.5 KB · Views: 128
    I have an R30T. The thread doesn’t cross to anything I’ve seen, it is close to tbac cb but not quite. It’s far heavier than the R30 probably because it was full auto rated as a contract spec.

Photo below Left to right is R30T, R30K, R6.5, R6. The r30k and r6.5 have area 419 hellfire adapters in this photo.

On the specs they list the T as 1 once heavier than the r30.

Wonder if that's without adapter?

I got bit by the same sale & photo. When you purchased it was shown as simply a tan colored R30, thus R30T. Even the description stated that’s what the T meant. Then shows up as the newer version with the proprietary taper mount. I had a JMAC hub mount ready to go but now it’s worthless. Great deal for sure but the new taper mount is a problem.

The supplied 5/8x24 Taper Mount Muzzle Device isn’t going to work for me.

I will be calling KGM Monday to see what options they have. Otherwise I will have to hit up the custom machine shops.

Last edited:
    On the specs they list the T as 1 once heavier than the r30.

Wonder if that's without adapter?

Who knows, but it is significantly heavier for sure. I would guess 4 ounces at a minimum and likely more.

Specs do list a 1 oz. difference in weight. My understanding is that the only difference is different mounting system to comply with FBI requirements for repeatability. I do note that the list price for the T is $200 more.

Like several other posters, I couldn't resist a 30T on sale. Picked mine up for $400. And for me the mounting system isn't that big a deal. Will probably swap between two bolt action rifles, so I'm just going to need to pick up another taper mount.

I must apologize for my earlier post. I assumed and was wrong.

The R30 and R30T have always had different mounting options. The T actually stands for Taper, thus the proprietary mount and taper angle.

It has never simply been a tan R30.

I apologize for adding to any confusion.

Bah! I just ordered this can recently too. Didn't know the T model wasn't hub compatible. Guess It's going to get dedicated to some rifle then

I'm guessing it's safe to say you like those cans based on how many you have there?

I'm guessing it's safe to say you like those cans based on how many you have there?

Not the R30T. It’s stupid for any non full auto requirement. Also, the quantity speaks more to value pricing when they went all contract sales a year ago and sold inventory for cheap. But in fairness the R30, R6.5 and R6 I do like them especially for the price paid.

Not the R30T. It’s stupid for any non full auto requirement. Also, the quantity speaks more to value pricing when they went all contract sales a year ago and sold inventory for cheap. But in fairness the R30, R6.5 and R6 I do like them especially for the price paid.
    "It’s stupid for any non full auto requirement." -- how come?

"It’s stupid for any non full auto requirement." -- how come?

Weight and size, and to a lesser extent the taper mount that no one crosses to for universal mounting. It’s like circa 2001 silencer weight.

Bah! I just ordered this can recently too. Didn't know the T model wasn't hub compatible. Guess It's going to get dedicated to some rifle then

If you really wanted to, you could also send it to ECCO machine to make it HUB compatible...