• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kid got his first deer.

DODGE268

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2004
Jackson Ms
My son limped his ass out into the woods with me for the opening day of youth season and dropped his first deer. Proud as shit of him after all he's been trough this year.
Patrick
IMG_0321.jpg

Re: Kid got his first deer.

Congratulations to him!

Been following his story here. Glad he's got a wonderful memory of this year to help balance some of the pain. Good job Dad, and wish him congradulations from all the hunters here.

I was going to get some pics of him with blood on his face, but he kinda freaked about it. I figured the last time we were at camp he had enough blood on his face to last a lifetime, so I let it go. We had backstraps with turnip greens, rice and gravy, and corn bread for dinner. He kept telling his mom that we were eating his deer. He was really proud that he had put meat on the table. I'm proud he did too. He has surgery sceduled for Dec. 21 to get the hardware out of his leg. I told him we'd get him another deer before he had to go back to the hospital. Thanks again to all who have followed this story. I even had a member on this forum offer to let me hunt with him this weekend. Where else but on a gun forum would that ever happen? You guys are the greatest.
Patrick

Congrats to your son! We had a couple of youths get their first this weekend as well. One got a doe, the other a 8 point with 18 inch main beams. The smiles on their faces are priceless.

Eddie

The best memories I have hunting are with my kids. My littlest who just turned 9 killed a cow horn Friday. The best part about the kids is they are just as excited every deer they shoot. He has killed everything from little does to a buck that scored 148 and the same excitement every time. They just love hunting for what it is and not what they get. I'm going to miss the post shot celebrations one day. Congrats to you for taking him and him for making the shot!

Man, I am happy for your son, the first Deer will always be the best hunt. I am gad yall shared that moment. Congrats to the both of you.