• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KIDD 10/22 Build

meestermeetch

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2018
Hey guys, been out of pocket for a bit, but happy to be trying to get back into rimfire.

I have a Tikka T1x with a Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 3-15x44 and love it but decided I needed something new, so am midway through building out a KIDD Super Grade 10/22, 16" heavy barrel in a KRG Bravo. This will be used in local matches.

I am struggling on which optics I want. I believe I have narrowed it down to
Ziess S3 4-25x50 MRAD
Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 MIL-XT

They seem pretty similar in size, weight, cost, features and reputation. Can anyone speak to both, and why one or the other? Maybe my google-fu is weak but the number of hits on the Zeiss are limited.

Thank you,
MM

My kidd is a 16” ( I went all black instead of stainless) in a red krg bravo. It has been great, and unlike a lot of the rugers or Frankenstein guns I see at some matches, perfectly reliable. Accuracy is no slouch either. I went with a vortex strike eagle as that fit my budget, and can’t say a bad thing about it, except being made in China
if you can step up to Zeiss or nightforce god bless you. Between the 2 ( I have no idea of price comparison or if that is even an issue for you) I think I would lean to the Zeiss

I have a Kidd Supergrade with a 16” heavy, fluted barrel. It was originally in a MacMillan custom stock with a NX8 4x32. I recently purchased and swapped in a Kidd chassis with a Magpul PRS Lite stock. After shooting with the NX8 in this configuration, I bought a Primary Arms 1x8 scope. FFP and 8x is enough for banging steel. The Kidd seems more responsive with the smaller scope. I had no issues with the NX8 other than it was a bit too much scope. I think the NX8 will be going on a Bergara B14 HMR.

By responsive you mean off hand shooting?

I am going to use this more for NRL22, but a LPVO would be rad on it!