• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kidd lightweight barrels

mustanggt1995

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2009
petersburg, indiana
I am looking at building my 10/22 and am going to get a Kidd barrel. I am leaning towards the lightweight SS one but cant seem to find anyone that has used one. Are they as accurate as the regular barrels. Anyone help would be appreciated.

Re: Kidd lightweight barrels

just as accurate--don't do mag dumps and overheat it and there are no problems---most people can shoot a hvy barrel more accurately but the light barrel is every bit as accurate

Re: Kidd lightweight barrels

I'm not one to stick my nose where it doesn't belong - but having just been through this I somehow stumbled upon volquartsen's THM carbon wrapped barrel and I'm <span style="font-weight: bold">really</span> glad I did. It weighs 23oz and shoots lights out.

I can't offer any experience with the kidd barrel, but wanted to make sure you knew the carbon one existed. I got mine for $265 from midway (who seems to be out of stock right now).