• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos KIDD National Match 1911

bigwill214

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Redmond, OR
This is my newly acquired National Match Hardball gun by former AMU gunsmith Tony Kidd. Caspian NM frame, Champion sights and Barsto Barrel. I don't know how old it is but you gotta love a SN of only 250.

Re: KIDD National Match 1911

Nice. No bells and whistles just everything needed to win the NTI or P100 match if used by the right person.

How did you find it? His stuff is rare these days. BTW, he is still making guns for the AMU.

Wow! That's amazing. Great find. How's it shoot?

Promise me that's going to see a ball match at Perry?

@ Xcount I found it on an online auction here in Ohio. It was the gunrunner auctions online. I just got to run a few rounds through it today to see how it shot. It's really smooth.

@dvdt I do plan on getting up there in the next year or so. Depending on how much practice I can get in.

I had no idea he was still making stuff for the AMU. All I know is that when I shot the M9s from the AMU, they were amazing and are probably the only ones I'll ever shoot.