• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kidd supergrade and magpul vs bravo

nakoa01

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2018
From old threads I have found several of you who have bought a supergrade and then bought a bravo. Did you see any accuracy improvements by adding thr bravo and would you do it again? Seems thr bravo had a few minor issues where as the supergrade from them with the magpul had none.

I really hated the Magpul stock. I bought a B14R barreled action a while back and originally got the Magpul Hunter. Hated the grip angle while sitting at a bench and prone. Swapped over to the KRG Bravo, and I can't be happier with it. The nearly 90 degree grip is great sitting at a bench or prone. Much better than the Magpul.

Never used a magpul but really a fan of the Bravo for the 10/22 platform, loved it for the rem 700.

The Bravo's weak spot for the 10/22 is It only uses two narrow bars to "clamp" to the main chassis that the action screw bolts to. It doesn't make a very secure interface, multiple people have reported being able to "nudge" the barrel off center and have it stay off center and go back the other way etc. Mine had quite a bit of wiggle room at the rear of the action. Now with a Supergrade if you have the rear attachment that certainly will help. I ended up putting a beater 10/22 in mine and bedding the heck out of it, which it's rock solid now.

I also wasn't a fan that there's a gap inside the magwell between the plastic overmold and the metal interior chassis skeleton and I frequently had mags hang up on it when inserting them. Ended up fixing it by epoxying to take up the gaps, never had an issue again.

For Non-Kidd users there's also no option like some other chassis have (MDT/Oryx, Titan, etc.) that holds the rear of the action.

Plus is that the cost is very low, as long as you don't do the upgrades, and the rest of the chassis is quite good. If you want a spigot mount, and tooless LOP and buttplate adjustment the price quickly approaches $500. You can of course spend more Woox you can drop $1000 on one. From all the ones I've seen I think PDC custom impresses me the most but it's also not cheap.

That said the 10/22 has to be a horrible platform to make a chassis for, just due to all the tolerance/size differences and keeping a low price point.

Reactions: nakoa01
Agreed. I had a PDC in a summit. Loved it. No play. Super comfortable. But I want to hunt and shoot groups. PDC not going to be good for hunting. Seems like there are a few issues with the bravo. Getting harder and harder to beat the titan. But pretty heavy stock.

I really hated the Magpul stock. I bought a B14R barreled action a while back and originally got the Magpul Hunter. Hated the grip angle while sitting at a bench and prone. Swapped over to the KRG Bravo, and I can't be happier with it. The nearly 90 degree grip is great sitting at a bench or prone. Much better than the Magpul.
Ditto on a remage build that I did.

Lost accuracy going to a Bravo on a poorly machined factory receiver. Installed the Kidd rear tang and got some back but I'd still like a better front end fit. But I'd still do it again, the Bravo is just that much better feeling.

Swapped from a Titan to a KRG and have a whole 40 rds through it since I changed. I’ll have a more substantive answer by end of weekend but initial signs are gaining perhaps .1 in group size.

At least initially the KRG and a factory 15 rd magazine do not mix well. Had three miss feeds in 2 loaded mags straight out of the box, both stock and mag are new. 10 rd mag worked fine.

For reference:
Supergrade with 20 in steel barrel, 2 stage trigger running SK Pistol Match and Eley Semi Auto Bench Rest (Eley shoots better averages about .3ish out of the Titan)

Follow up:

So I will think overall accuracy gained was about .1. I think the stock change reduced flyers by way putting less wobble on the mags (theory). The learning moment is if the manufacturer says X amount of torque then try that first. I was having feeing issues yesterday using 25lbs on both receiver and rear tang. Dropped to 20 and 15 respectively and the feeding issues went away with 3 different mags. Standard 10rd Ruger, 15rd Ruger and 10rd Tandemkross doublecross mag.

I have only experimented with a PDC custom chassis, and the magpul. My super grade loves the magpul. I can’t pinpoint what about the chassis causes the groups to be larger. I have gone so far as to take both to the range, and swapped the action over between strings. Magpul still was the winner.

FWIW, I had to run the torque on the action screw as low as possible on the chassis to get the best results. The problem is that the screw would invariably loosen after 50-75 rounds.