• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KIDD Supergrade or Volquartsen Deluxe/Summit

10/22 - KIDD Supergrade, Volquartsen Deluxe, Volquartsen Summit

• Total voters

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
I am looking to snag a new .22 LR. I have historically used bolt action .22s but found that the accuracy between a high end 10/22, CZ and even a Vudoo to be roughly the same (obviously the Vudoo being the most accurate) with the right ammo. I have come down to a few different choices. Ultimately, I will be dropping this into a McMillan A5-22 so fitment is a big question mark for me. I need to call both manufacturers and see how easy it is on that stock.

KIDD Supergrade:

Pros
-Easiest option, highly customizable from shop, reasonable lead time, less money

Cons
-Proprietary barrel connection (probably not a big deal given this could be a "pro" too)

Volquartsen Deluxe

Pros
-Hailed as the most reliable and accurate of the semi auto .22s, comes with McMillan sporter stock

Cons
-More money, longer lead time when customized

Volquartsen Summit

Pros
-Lightweight, single action (supposedly more accurate than the semi auto Deluxe), can buy as barreled action only (so similar price to Kidd)

Cons
-Not semi auto, longer lead time when customized

Looking for some insight or justification either way. All feedback appreciated.

I built one a few months ago volquartsen receiver and bolt, victor titan stock, green mt barrel and Kidd trigger. Very happy with it
Not to ammo picky as long as it’s quality will shoot bugholes. Build you own but if I were to pick one of the 3 listed Kidd super grade all day

Reactions: Cold_Bore_88
Thanks for your feedback. Nice part about the KIDD is thats is mostly done when you get it.
You have the extended mag release or the smaller latch?

I have built approx. 7-10 1022 rifles, from green moutain barrels with kidd recv. To kidd single stage triggers to a full blown supergrade from recv, trigger,victor co stocks to ,well you get the idea....... For the money the accessibility of parts and reliability i have found that the kidd built runs better, sounds a bit like i favor the kidd more huh? Well i do for a reason. That reason is because i can call kidd or find anything i need super fast. No offense to the other aftermarket kit builders they are great to. But i have also just took a stock recv and bolt and barrel and threw in a kidd trigger and it ran and shot great, made me feel like the total kidd supergrade was a waste of time,lol so its like you get it right cheaper or you get it right by spending tons of money.
But then i got bored and dropped 4k on a vudoo v22 BUT for some odd reason i always make time to shoot a match or two with the kidd... You will be happy either way. Ahh and thats isnt even the end. Cz 455 457 and now im on this vintage kick with old winchester 52s and mossberg us 44 and the 144s lotta fun

I have built approx. 7-10 1022 rifles, from green moutain barrels with kidd recv. To kidd single stage triggers to a full blown supergrade from recv, trigger,victor co stocks to ,well you get the idea....... For the money the accessibility of parts and reliability i have found that the kidd built runs better, sounds a bit like i favor the kidd more huh? Well i do for a reason. That reason is because i can call kidd or find anything i need super fast. No offense to the other aftermarket kit builders they are great to. But i have also just took a stock recv and bolt and barrel and threw in a kidd trigger and it ran and shot great, made me feel like the total kidd supergrade was a waste of time,lol so its like you get it right cheaper or you get it right by spending tons of money.
But then i got bored and dropped 4k on a vudoo v22 BUT for some odd reason i always make time to shoot a match or two with the kidd... You will be happy either way. Ahh and thats isnt even the end. Cz 455 457 and now im on this vintage kick with old winchester 52s and mossberg us 44 and the 144s lotta fun
Thanks for the feedback. Ya I have a 455 and it just doesn’t do it for me. Lol.

oddly enough, I have dropped a ton of coin on custom rifles, AIs, etc. just can’t bring myself to do it on a Vudoo. Lol.

I know took me 2 yrs to decide,hard hard thinking, your either going to or your not. Glad i did,chasing accuracy is over....

Would you say your Vudoo is considerably more accurate than your KIDD? Pardon my persistence. We talking 3/8 vs 1/2 MOA or a larger spread? Ammo seems to be the limiting factor in all setups.
I know took me 2 yrs to decide,hard hard thinking, your either going to or your not. Glad i did,chasing accuracy is over..

I have a Vudoo and a Kidd SG and love them both.The Vudoo will be more accurate and once you go out to 2&3 hundred yds it will be better for sure.But the Kidd is just a fun ass little rifle that holds very tight groups and quick follow up shots.Buy both and be a very happy shooter.

Yes i would say more consistently accurate across the board from 25 yrds to 600 yrds thats as far as i have shot.
You wouldn't be disappointed

So just shoot your kidd for awhile then worry about it later.... Hell,i love my kidd its accurate as hell but the vudoo edges it out for sure... What i do is i look at the cof before a match then decide is it a kidd favored c.o.f. or vudoo.... Been working for me..... If you dint shoot nrl22 or similar then just go with the kidd, i shoot 3-4 matches a month. Different for everyone i guess.

Reactions: D_TROS
But im sure someone will chime in at some point and say how there stuff us 100x better and more accurate blah blah always a idiot on here.

Reactions: D_TROS
Well, all I can really say is the Kidd beats the SHIT out of a stock Ruger. It's how the 10/22 deserves to be done. It's a truly nice rifle. Mine has an integral suppressor so it's not the tack driver like others but still a very accurate and smooth operating rifle. Way better than the stock setup.

In the end, Kidd just seemed like a better value and I got it how I wanted it over the Volquartsen. Which didn't exactly look bad, just not really what I wanted.

MOA or some such makes a nice threaded barrel receiver too. I'd consider them but Kidd has everything you need in one stop. Generally for less.

I got the Titan stock, totally pleased with it.

I had less of a problem getting my 3kidd rifles to shoot ... My cz were a nightmare,acually i just got rid of them all except 1 which i think i got lucky on it,it shoots as good as my kidd rifle. The down side to a vuduu other than cost is there is no tinkering with it,it just shoots right out of the box. Mike bush is a genius. Vgw

I'm a poor so I cannot afford a Vudoo. Therefore, over this year and next, I'm building up an old 10/22 into a full Kidd SG. Next year just need to get the receiver/barrel, then slap it into a Titan stock. That will have to do. Takes me a long time to save up for my gun purchases. Wish I could afford a Vudoo but just can't.

Reactions: Moose
You will love the Kidd SG it is the rifle that I have the most fun with.

Last edited:
I recently bought a Supergrade and love it. I took the barrel off to clean it, which is a nice feature, and put it back torqued to Kidd’s specs. First shot after cleaning was smack dab in the center of the bull at 50 yds. Followed by 4 more in the same spot. I’ve got the 18” steel bull barrel. The Kidd 2-stage trigger is really nice too. I haven’t had a chance to test a lot of different ammo yet, but for kicks I loaded a magazine of mini-mags. The first and only ten rounds of this ammo went into 1.3” at 100 yds. I thought that was great for cheap ammo and just switching to it after shooting a bunch of Eley Match.

Reactions: 4Certain
I have an Anschutz 1761 and two Kidd's (one a Super Grade that I ordered, one a classic that a friend "gifted" me) and I love both. My personal favorite is the Annie but the five round magazine severely limits it for most of the games I want to play. Both the Annie and the Kidd SG have no problems with the 400 yard steel (when I do my part) at my local range. Of the three choices, I voted for the SG and would not be upset if it was my only rifle.

Attachments

• Kidd 01.jpg
    Kidd 01.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 187
Reactions: Moose
The guy is banned. It was not clear to me exactly what he was doing but he had an agenda.

I had less of a problem getting my 3kidd rifles to shoot ... My cz were a nightmare,acually i just got rid of them all except 1 which i think i got lucky on it,it shoots as good as my kidd rifle. The down side to a vuduu other than cost is there is no tinkering with it,it just shoots right out of the box. Mike bush is a genius. Vgw
Ordered a Vudoo today. My wallet blames you.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowpokey
Ordered a Vudoo today. My wallet blames you.
Details man...details. We have 4 full Kidd ULW rifles with Boyds stocks, they are the classic "slip fit", bought them for our race guns (a set for me and each kid...paired with Ruger MK4 pistols. They are nice, and light, and great for what I bought them for.

I ordered a Vudoo in MPA BA chassis, 20" MTU barrel and Trigger Tech Diamond Pro Curve. Putting an Athlon Cronus BTR Gen2 APRS6 4.5-29 on top. Yesterday was my "scheduled" delivery date...16 weeks +1 day and counting.

Details man...details. We have 4 full Kidd ULW rifles with Boyds stocks, they are the classic "slip fit", bought them for our race guns (a set for me and each kid...paired with Ruger MK4 pistols. They are nice, and light, and great for what I bought them for.

I ordered a Vudoo in MPA BA chassis, 20" MTU barrel and Trigger Tech Diamond Pro Curve. Putting an Athlon Cronus BTR Gen2 APRS6 4.5-29 on top. Yesterday was my "scheduled" delivery date...16 weeks +1 day and counting.
Got a Gen 3 with 16” Bartlien from Mile High Shooting. Going to use an MPA chassis and Huber trigger. Topped with an S&B 3-20.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Think you made the right choice.

Bought a Kidd SG, then went to the Vudoo. Kidd is now sitting in the safe most of the time.

• Haha
Just like potato chips, one is never satisfying...