• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kidd trigger in Magpul 10/22 stock

bobke

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2010
    Hill Country, Texas
    So have arrived at the point my 10/22 with Bartlein barrel and kitted trigger in Magpul stock needs a better trigger and am on the fence for either a straight or curved blade. Kidd’s site says stick with curved if in a sporter stock, flat if with thumb hole or pistol grip stock. Have SD-E’s in most my AR’s, so lean that way, but looking for those with experience with this specific setup. Also, thinking 12oz/12oz pull weight, but without previous experience with Kidd triggers, what’s a happy medium for long range past 300yds, and working with a less experienced shooter and being safe for their use. Appreciate any feedback offered.

Get what ever trigger shoe you prefer. I like curved shoes in most. All of the Kidd single stage triggers we have are more flat, but they are race guns, so it's more of a speed game and not so much trigger "feel".

I agree with Cowpokey, it is what feels best on your finger. I do not have experience with the particular stock you have, but have multiply KIDD rifles in different stocks to including a KRG Bravo. For me, it is more about how my finger feels on the trigger blade that matters. and I prefer flat triggers. I have changed the trigger in every gun I own to a flat trigger with the exception of a few where it is not an option.

As for the weight, my KIDD two stage is set at 8/8, which is perfect for me and what I use this rifle for. If you can, get your hands on some other KIDD rifle sand see how it feels before you buy. If not, get the one you think is best and you can always send it back to have it adjusted if you do not like how it is set up.

I have 2 light field weight triggers (1lb/1lb) mounted on 10/22s in Magpul hunter stocks. Both are flat blades. If you are concerned about fit, don’t be. You don’t need to modify the stock in any way for a flat bow trigger. My Kidd full supergrade build is used exclusively for PRS style 22lr comps and I don’t think I would change anything about it.

Thanks guys-exactly what I was looking for. Shot a buddy’s single stage 1lb at a Steel Challenge match today-very crisp and clean. Looking forward to this upgrade.

Went ahead this morning and ordered straight blade 2 stage 12oz/12oz, bolt and a few bits/pieces. Should make getting out past 300yds a bit easier. Thanks for all feedback.

you can get a Kidd single stage for $285, it goes down to 1.5 lb. the 2 stage trigger is $350 it goes down to 3oz./3oz. both are cheaper than the Tandemkross at $385.
    One of the reasons I haven’t dropped the cash on the Tandenkross. The mag release works by push or pull and the safety is easily accessible. The Kidd trigger I have is set at 1.5 pounds.