• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kids S.A.F.E. Foundation Has A Successful Day Thanks To The GGWG!!

Kids_SAFE_Fdn

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2021
Oregon
Today was our first day back on the range since becoming a part of the SH community. It was last month where the GGWG stepped in to offer help to our Organization. As a Nonprofit funding has always been a challenge. GGWG stepped up and help us with funding for a recent project and they also donated more ammo than we could shoot this year. This ammo keeps us fueled going into the future. Today we were able to shoot with the kids. We had 6 in total, there were a few last minute cancellations, but we were excited to teach. In every class we always with a safety brief where we explain the importance of safety, discipline, and respect for firearms. We typically go over the 4 basic safety rules, cover the stance, sight picture/alignment, operations of the rifle and how to press the trigger. This is a family affair. We definitely want the parents to leave our Classes with a sense of how they can continue to teach their children how to shoot safely.

We had one boy in particular that was all over the place. I've seen so many different types of kids in my years of teaching kids firearm safety. It's very common for some kids to be nervous and fidget. I could tell early on that he was having issues focusing. He had a serious set of the "wiggles" and could not control his impulses. As we began to shoot I realized how if I could give him a task, he could focus and complete the task. We were basically learning together. I had to break my instructions down into smaller blocks, direct him, then he would shine. All in all he did great. We had another girl that has come for 3 or 4 times and she shot out her bullseye then proceeded to create new bullseyes and then shot those out. she was a great talent and I recommended they thought about buying her own rifle. Dad said that mom was against it, I said respect that, but I told him that she has a gift. I will keep working with them. All in all it was an incredible day and I want to thank all of those from SH and GGWG for their belief in me, us, and for their support of our program!! You all are heroes to the kids. ZERO firearm accidents is the only acceptable goal!!TM

IMG_1390.jpeg

IMG_2501.jpeg
IMG_1390.jpeg
IMG_2501.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1363.jpeg
    IMG_1363.jpeg
    535.3 KB · Views: 30