• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

kifaru rambling rifle

lanwickum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2004
Middle of nowere, MT
anyone have one?

Hunting season is here and for the first time I would like to try a very light hunting rifle. These rifles got my attention years ago but never enough to pursue one. Anyone know someone who builds them or would and could. I need it to be accurate also. Much harder to do than building an accurate heavy rifle.

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

Re: kifaru rambling rifle

Rick Steinhour at Extreme Rifle Works in Nebraska is the guy that built those rifles for Patrick Smith at Kifaru.

Well one things for sure, it's not the most aesthetically pleasing rifle.

I didn't realize Rick had moved to NE. Last I knew he had gone from CO to Alaska. I know a couple years ago he had a few ideas to try makiong the rifle even liter.

Moved to Nebraska 3 1/2 years ago. Still building the ultra light weight rifles, in many configurations. Shot a 5X6 Muley last year, with my 358 Win. Ackley Improved. 4 1/2 lb. Thumbhole, switch barrel. Will use the 250 Savage Ackley Improved barrel for the next one.