• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kifaru Scout??

J.Boney

Resident Sheepdog
Minuteman
May 10, 2006
NC - USA
For those of you out there with the Scout, how do you like it? Comfortable? I was looking for another pack that I can do comps with, but did not want it too big and cumbersome. I need to be able to use it in run and gun, as well as take it on those strenuous hikes at ASC. I would prefer to leave it on while shooting prone, crawling, and climbing, etc.

I was looking at the Tailgunner 1 & the Scout, but understand the Scout may be a little more comfortable with a heavier load, due to the aluminum stays.

Thanks

Re: Kifaru Scout??

Hey J- Just pick up Nick's vest (GRT). Beats the shit out of any pack I have used, plus you can wear it prone without issue.

Eric,

I have the S.O. Tech SHHH, but was looking at another pack. I have seen that vest that you have. Very well made Nylon!

JB

I used a Scout as a hunting pack for awhile and thought it was great. I had it loaded up and never noticed I was carrying it. I used it with the Gun Bearer set up in the mountains and it was ideal.

I have had one for several years, excellent pack. It rides low on the back which makes it nice for moving thru/under brush. With the stays in the pack it also will handle a good size load and not feel like your packing that much wieght.

J.Boney, take a look over on lightfighter. There is a great deal on a used one in the swapmeet