• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Killflash Question

dmg308

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2005
Manassas Va,USA
Is there any reason not to paint the facse of a killflash? I just want to make sure it did'nt need to be black inside the honeycomb to reduce the amount of light lost.

Re: Killflash Question

Good question,a couple of years ago i saw a review on a ss that had the killflash painted.according to the guy that did the review it didnt hurt clairty or the brightness at all

I just want to make sure it wont create some type of glare or have any negative effects before painting it because there will be no getting it out.

Yeah roger that i understand complety i wish i could remember where i read that at.shit i remember.Check out swfa and go to the super snipers on the opening page there is reviews from about 6 different companys did reviews on them.On one of them they did a layout with some guy and his rifle,scope in matching camo.The killflash was painted to match all the camo.He went on to tell how the camo didnt affect the optics at all.
I will see if i can find it then post it for you.
Hope this helps

I would leave the inside black as that is the reason fo the Killflash, not to give off a reflective glare

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good question,a couple of years ago i saw a review on a ss that had the killflash painted.according to the guy that did the review it didnt hurt clairty or the brightness at all </div></div>

Per the manual for the issued system you are to spray the paint on a sponge and dab on. You just want to coat the exposed edges and not get it in the honeycomb.