• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kilo 3k and color blindness.

rockslut

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2009
Man I would pay biggg$$ if some one would come out with a rangefinder with a green or even black readout. I know some of the low dollar short range units have a black readout but I need something that will reach out and hit tree or rocks at 2k. Seems like a unicorn.
Being colorblind I just can not see the red display unless I put my hand in front and cover any light entering the device.

I have been through a few sig models. And the 10x42 bino rangefinders worked well and the display was big enough to kinda see when set on brightest setting. But I have great bino’s and just want a small rangefinder to use for both archery and rifle hunting.

Using the sig 3k yesterday I wasn't able to get a range on a target I put out at 1670y. I had to use my onX app to try to get a halfway close range by dropping waypoints and measuring between them. Pretty disappointing the power of this rangefinder. Pretty good on trees and rocks to about 1000y. But that’s about it.

Anyone else having this prob ?
Or anything out there I’m missing ?

Thanks

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 34
Try it with different surfaces.

I've noticed mine will bounce between a good reading and none at all if I happen to hit angled rocks. Looks like you're working with angles that may deflect rather than reflect.

Do you have them setup in a tripod?

I can get 1200+- out of my kilo 2200 by hand, then with a tripod adapter and being nice and stable it will hit all the way to 2000.

Try it with different surfaces.

I've noticed mine will bounce between a good reading and none at all if I happen to hit angled rocks. Looks like you're working with angles that may deflect rather than reflect.

Do you have them setup in a tripod?

I can get 1200+- out of my kilo 2200 by hand, then with a tripod adapter and being nice and stable it will hit all the way to 2000.
Ya I didn’t think about the reflection angle. Good call on that. Thanks.