• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kimber 84M LPT in 308..

vikz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2007
just moved
Hello guys i was just talking to one of my dealer and he just got one of this today, I was planning on down sizing some of my pistol collection and I want to get this rifle sometime tomorrow, he just need to check how much is his cost is, i just want a really nice rifle that i can enjoy shooting 2x a month or so..here is pic that i found at www.imactguns.com..

kim_lpt.jpg

Re: Kimber 84M LPT in 308..

I saw that a few weeks back. Interesting looking rifle, but I lean to the more proven 700 and model 70 actions. Another plus is the amount of aftermarket parts available for the 70/700 actions. With that said, I've owned a few Kimber's and they have been good rifles and the company stands behind them. There was a few early problems with feed reliability, especially with the short mags, but these problems have been solved for the most part.

For the money, there are alot better choises. I would start with any of the smiths here on the hide and have them either build or work an existing Remmy 700 or Savage before I spent that kinda money on a factory rig. You might also look in the for sale sections as there are some steals that pop up in there from time to time.

I've owned a 8400 Advanced Tactical and have a friend who has a 8400 Tactical. Save your money as these simple aren't worth it. Whether it will shoot under 1MOA is hit and miss at best. Get a Remington.

The Kimber Tacticals are not that great...unless you get the luck of the draw! Take Timberwolf's advice and use your money for something better!

thanks guys i can still back out on trade so thanks for the inputs, i just want an accurate bolt that i can be satisfied shooting on days i feel like doing some long distance shooting, I saw a tikka in 223 also today on my way to work that interest me to, its a lot cheaper to shoot than a 308 just not sure if the price was right so i better keep busy googling the price the shop have on it(665 i think, w/ really nice wood and rings}. I saw this pic online and its the same rifle i was looking at earlier..

23519.jpg

I have not shot a Tikka, but I'v heard nothing but good about them. Everyone I'v talked to says they shoot lights out. If your looking to save some more money, both remington and savage have nice rifles that shoot quite well for considerably less, not to mention all the aftermarket parts for them.

My uncle has a Tikka in .270, I worked up some loads for him, and damn does that rifle shoot. The action is incredibly smooth also. Damn fine rifle for the price.

Jester

I've been really happy with my advanced tactical. Got it at a good price and guess I got a lucky draw because it has run well through the 1st 40 rounds.

buy the tikka instead I have owned 4 and currently still have 2 and they all shot under 1moa. I have owned to kimber neither shot close to as well as any of the tikkas. hell get the best of both worlds and buy a tikka tactical in 223 cheaper than the kimber more features and will probalby shoot better.

just my .02cents

If your in the market for a tactical rifle buy the Tikka Tactical or Remington 5R. Both shoot extremly well. My Tikka shoots .50MOA since the day I bought it. The only downfall is there isnt alot of aftermarket parts. Manners though is coming out with inlet for Tikka actions here in a couple months.

My buddie has a Advanced Tactical .It shoots right with the trg at are club.Maybe he got lucky

You would be happy with anything suggested here. Best gun for the money is probably the Savage as they are almost all accurate and the trigger is among the best. That said, the Kimber has that thing called class, that is hard to define but apparent once you pick one up. Good shooting!

The 84M action's are small, I have a 22-250 and 223 with this action, small and light is the only advantage I can see with them.

bought an 8400 tactical in .308 a couple of weeks ago. It shoots 2in groups @ 400yd with 168gr a-max.

As many have said the kimber 8400 and 84m rifles are very hit or miss. Also, you are paying ALOT for the kimber name. Honestly, other than the glass bedded action which is debatably effective, this gun is exactly the same as a remington 700 sps varmint which depending on where you buy it is in the $500-$600 range. Personally, I would go with the sps varmint since it is the exact same barreled action as the 700P and can easily be upgraded into an amazing sniper rifle not to mention the proven action that you are getting. At the end of the day, you will not get a fluke from remington and if you spend less money on a sps varmint, you have a lot more money to put into upgrades so if you're smart with your money, you could end up with a much better rifle for the same amount of money.