• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Kimber Custom II - Good buy?

Re: Kimber Custom II - Good buy?

If the price is right, yeah it's a good pistol.

My girlfriend, and myself, zero problems- they shoot and they shoot very well.

I've heard because of the external extractor you should not run excessively hot loads in them but otherwise good.

Here's mine...
Kimer.jpg

I have a Kimber Cusom Tactical II. Really well made weapon and for 1911s I think Kimbers are really good guns for the money.

Just make sure you get the newer series II Kimbers with the internal extractor. I still see some of the external ones floating around shops in town.

The series II has had more than it's fair share of issues. If you get a good one, hold on to it. I have an Eclipse that has never malfunctioned in more than 30K. The Tactical I bought was...disappointing. The name Custom is, IMO a bit misleading. Supposedly, they're assembled in a seperate shop, whatever that means.

I have one and it is an extremely smooth running rig and accurate right out of the box.The only issue I've had is a couple of stovepipes when using Corbon +P ammo. You'll never regret purchasing one.
Cheers!

I like Kimber, I own 2 and I think they are good weapons. I like the higher end Kimbers better than the lower priced versions and I lean towards the Stainless models, they seem to cycle better due to less resistance......I don't think you will go wrong with Kimber or Springfield. I highly recommend Wilson combat 8 rd mags and wilson combat recoil springs in them though...SmokeRolls

I'm not fond of any 1911 firing pin safety setups, but that's just me.
427Cobra's got the right idea for ya, or here's mine if you gotta use the Kword:
Find a used Custom (series I). I really like mine and it was very reasonable.

Kimber's that are Custom Shop are not to be confused with Kimber Customs. The Custom is pretty much their entry level, and custom shops are well, custom.

I have one of the older Gold Combat models (not series II) and have had absolutely fantastic results with it. It gobbles up anything I feed it without complaint, and accurately too.

I have heard from some on the II series that they have some issues. Dont know what they did that had that much effect on them.

I maintain about 40 stainless custom II's that are shot often and are carried in all kinds of weather. Overall a fantastic pistol. Boardride is right on though...definitely go for an internal extractor model if you can find one. The kimbers that have issues always seem to be the external extractor models. That said, we have about 8 external guns and have had zero problems with round counts around 11k.