• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kimber Government

prom93

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2008
Boynton Beach FL
I score this beutiful KIMBER MODEL 82 GOVERNMENT in a gun shop this morning, its brand new and no cuts anywere, they have a couple in the back so i was luky to pick one with a nice wood grain, enjoy the pics.
[
DSC08513.jpg

DSC08511.jpg
]

Re: Kimber Government

Nice!

Hope you`ll be as happy with your Kimber as I`ve been with mine.

The Government request 20,000 to be made for the marines and the army, thats way Kimber stamp Model 82 government....

Many of the 20,000 were never used. While in storage, they were inventoried. The idiots sliced thru the plastic bag with a box cutter and most of the new ones got scratched on the stock.
They did use a few and those apparently went to CMP as well. They have some really low prices on the used ones.
Nice rifles and you made a great snag there.
BTW, they all came with a set of palma type sights. Did yours have them?

I recieved mine and have never fired it, I got the right scope mount and put a nice loopy 4-12 vxII on it. the kicker is I am thinking about selling the rifle scope and peep sights.

Prom93, I see you're up in Boynton. What shop had the 82's onhand? Thanks

Boston, its Lake Worth Guns & Ammo,located in 7107 Lake Worth Road, Lake Worth, Fl, 33437, Phone (561)641-3020
Say Martin send you.

That's a good looking rifle, prom. When do you plan on taking it out?

Well i broke one finger last sunday, so i think in 2 weeks...also im waiting on my new scope...will see...and i will put some pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prom93</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well i broke one finger last sunday, so i think in 2 weeks...also im waiting on my new scope...will see...and i will put some pics. </div></div>

Aw CRAP! I hope it wasn't your trigger finger.
eek.gif

Prom,

Will you send me a PM as well..

I am looking at going to the CMP facilitiy to get one... but would like to know the deal at your store as well...

Thanks,
Matt.

Prom, here is a 50 yard open sight group shot by Hide member Ductape a week ago. That is a super accurate rifle at half the cost of many which won't shoot as good. You did good.

LSSO083.jpg

LSSO082.jpg

Wow, now i cant wait.....i will try many types of ammo, but can you tell me what brand he shoots...thanks Martin

I picked one up at the cmp a few weeks ago and the rifle is great. I picked up one of the"rusty" kimbers which did not have any rust on it at all. Even the armorer at the cmp laughed at the rusty part it did have a light residue from the preservative that was on it but that was it. I payed 400 out the door with orginal box instructions palma sights and inserts and some tools for the gun.

Martin, that's the funny thing, he shoots "cheap" Wolf match not the high dollar TENEX, stuff like me. Actually I'm shooting Federal Ultra Match. Going to test ELEY Team next.

They don't come with the Redfield Palma model sight, but one made by some Australian company, if I recall correctly. They mount on a groove milled into the top of the receiver.

Very Nice Looking Kimber. Keep us posted on how it shoots. I have my first Kimber on the way, it should be in my possession next week. What power Leupold are you using? I have a 36x Leupold I'm planning on using.

This is a fix 12X40mm, i need to play with the trigger and adjust every screw, they need to be tide some more, i think in 2 weeks i will go to the range, i can wait...

Prom, are those Burris signatures, med I would guess?