• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kimber Montana Detachable Magazine Conversion

McNabb

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2003
NOVA
I know I found some links on here for smiths making detachable box magazine conversions for various bolt actions....

Just can't see to find it now.

I've got a Kimber Montana in 300wsm, I'd like to upgrade to a detachable box magazine-Who should I contact?

Re: Kimber Montana Detachable Magazine Conversion

its going to be a real trick to get a dbm to work with a kimber action i have only shot one like that. it was a piece of art

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KnabstrupperUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its going to be a real trick </div></div>

So, what's the story....No one making them? I thought (I know I should stop that), the Kimber Action was a very similar Winchester Action.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I make one for Kimber 8400, WSM is doable no problem.. here's pics:

Kimber1.JPG

Kimber2.JPG

Kimber3.JPG

Kimber4.JPG

Kimber5.JPG

Thanks-Exactly what I was looking for....

I'll get one on order.

Not exactly sure Jack...Any suggestions?

why would you want to hang that on a slim LITE hunting rifle?
this may be were bachelorjack was heading.....

Everyone is trying to play nice with you, but maybe you aren't reading between the lines.

No one makes anything like this, and no one has thought about it because it is a dumb idea. Somewhat along the lines of sewing a giant dick on a lithe Victoria's Secret model.

I have installed my dbm on several model 70's with light wood(factory) stocks. They work fantastic and look good too. It is definitely a workable setup. The dbm. Only weighs a couple ounces and complete thing with 5 round mag is less than 8. Certainly not a big hog leg by any means.
wink.gif