• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kimber SRC II - Thoughts?

Petro712

Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Minnesota
Anyone have any experience with the Kimber SRC or the new SRC II?

Looking at purchasing the Tikka T3x Tac A1 or the SRC II. Looking for some insight on how these two compare?

Thanks

I cannot speak for the SRC, but a friend of mine has a 8400. Pretty much the same feel as my 308 FN SPR. Its a solid action and an accurate rifle (his 8400). I have shot the TAC A1 a few times and I am currently running a CTR T3X ( which is the same barreled action on the TAC A1). I am a huge Tikka fan, so I say save $800 ish for ammo/glass and get the TAC A1.

What is the rifle going to be used for ( plinking, competition)?

What is the rifle going to be used for ( plinking, competition)?

Agency purchase. We are doing T&E on these two rifles along with a Ruger Precision and an AI. We have ruled out the later two and are down to the Tikka and Kimber.......

Why rule the RPR and AI out? Just curious.

RPR, safety selector in bad position and touches hand, fit and finish not as refined, rough bolt didnt cycle smooth.

AI, at $5k you could buy 2-3 alternate rifles, rifle didn't balance as well while running/stalking

Thats the short answer.

Figured it had to do with the price of the AI.

Sounds like your admin is trying to look after yall with quality rifles. Might also could look at discontinued FN SPR rifles from tacticalcoordination.com

Excellent rifles, got an A1 from them for $1,300 (Sniper’s Hide discount) a few years ago.

Good luck on the testing, my agency is changing sidearms (P226 to G17), so I kinda understand.