• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Kind of a dumb question on zeroing USO ST10.

Jimmy2Times

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2005
Amesbury, Massachusetts
OK, so I got my rifle all zeroed and went to zero my turrets. I probably should have asked this before I went and did it. Anyway, I assumed it was like any other scope and just unscrewed the socket head that holds the turrets on, lifted the turret off part way and returned it to zero without engaging any clicks. Was this the right way to do it, or was this dumb?

Thanks.

Edited to add: These are US #3 M40 knobs, non EREK.

Re: Kind of a dumb question on zeroing USO ST10.

Back the screw off and turn the knob to zero. If it clicks you didn't back off the screw enough. I don't recall needing to pull up.

That's the way it works on my SN-3 (M40 windage knob).

Re: Kind of a dumb question on zeroing USO ST10.

You are correct (no clicks, no harm) be sure not to overtighted the socket head. Once you are confident that all is truly perfect, I back out the socket head and put a small (tiny) amount of LockTite Blue, BLUE only and far less than a drop, I use a tooth pick for a quick wipe.