• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kinda cool for when you cant make it to the range

Re: Kinda cool for when you cant make it to the range

cool!

I've been toying with this thing for a few days now, can't figure out how to dope the wind for the life of me.
confused.gif

Still, very useful program to learn ranging.

It is pretty easy. If you look at your range card the right column will give you drift in inches with a 1MPH wind full value. Once you get your drift in inches you just convert to MOA for your scope setting. Lets say that you mil'ed the target at 850 yards and the drift is 6.5 inches and the wind is blowing at 10 mph. That would be 65 inches of drift at 850 yards. So you would take your 65 inches of drift by 8.5 (850 yards move decimal place) that will give you 7.64 (MOA) so you would dial your windage to 7.5 left or right depending on direction and also ENV conditions that will get you ringin' steel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been toying with this thing for a few days now, can't figure out how to dope the wind for the life of me.
confused.gif

Still, very useful program to learn ranging. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cmonroe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man I need to work on my UKD skills, I suck at this I only scored a 75. </div></div>

I use this program to practice with Exbal, and use the range estimation feature.

They now have FFP and Mil/Mil. The elevation on the range card is in Mil's as well. I open JBM in a seperate Explorer window and check the appropriate boxes and it will give you a close wind dope number.

I bought this program and really enjoy. It has really helped my understanding of ranging and reading the wind. It's kind of fun to do in the evening and a lot cheaper than burning through ammo without knowing exactly what the results are. I highly recommend it. It is cheaper than a video game and actually will help me with my real life rifle skills.

My rainy day exercise is an ancient "Biathlon Trainer" 17 cal break-open air rifle that I shoot out in the garage. Trigger is awful, but it has (OK they're plastic) pretty good micrometer sights and puts 'em where the sights are.

If you want to learn to shoot better...; then <span style="font-style: italic">shoot</span>!

Greg

I agree,
Shooting a pellet gun with a real triger is better than playing a game.
Would rather spend spare time working on loading.

Has anyone seen the version 3 of this? I just ordered one for those days I cant get to the range, which seems like a lot of time.

yeah its pretty easy if you understand what your suppose to do. just like shooting in real life minus any lack of fundamentals. you should be able to get 1st round hits on every stage.

Thats all im looking at for it, practice milling and doing the math.

i bought this a few months ago, its a handy lil program, i found it not to accurate with the aiming of the cross hairs at ELR, others wise its quite good and i would recommend it. also it would be great if you could enter you own ammo specs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is pretty easy. If you look at your range card the right column will give you drift in inches with a 1MPH wind full value. Once you get your drift in inches you just convert to MOA for your scope setting. Lets say that you mil'ed the target at 850 yards and the drift is 6.5 inches and the wind is blowing at 10 mph. That would be 65 inches of drift at 850 yards. So you would take your 65 inches of drift by 8.5 (850 yards move decimal place) that will give you 7.64 (MOA) so you would dial your windage to 7.5 left or right depending on direction and also ENV conditions that will get you ringin' steel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been toying with this thing for a few days now, can't figure out how to dope the wind for the life of me.
confused.gif

Still, very useful program to learn ranging. </div></div> </div></div>So how would you get the windage amount using the mil/mil scope? Thanks in advance, seems like a good program for new shooters such as myself.