• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kinda lost on this one

myownman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2011
Deer Park Tx..
I am in the process of trying out some IMR4064 with some 140VLD hunting bullets. My first time out was at 100yrds. This next session I went out to 300yrds. I know today wasn't one of my best shooting days, but I hoping to at least gather a little information from today's outing. It was a little windy this morning, and I couldn't get steady for shit. Probably to much caffeine. This was shot prone from a bypod. Where would you guys go with this? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 5
If it was me, I'd have to give it another try on another, (hopefully better), day

It's interesting that some of your groups have a very horizontal spread. It doesn't sound like the wind was blowing that much though? Maybe at 300 yds and variable wind might have caused this?

Keep shooting. Those 300 yd groups are not even close to abysmal. Just a crappy day of shooting, both conditions wise, and you acknowledged that you weren't on top of your game. Give it another go and lay off the starbucks next time.

Often nodes come in pairs, one of the pairs has a wide window of tollerance to "stuff" happening, the other node has a narrow window.
I think you have dialed in on the sensitive node (relatively poor unless everything is spot on) instead of the insensitive node (generally better).

Thanks guys!! I loaded up some more rounds in the same powder weights. All I had ready is some new prepped brass, but we will see. I'll be back at it in the morning. Again thanks...

Just a little update. I could only shoot the 100yrd range today. I tried the same powder weights today as yesterday. I loaded more into the lands on these rounds, and I noticed I had more neck tension. The 41.3gr gave me the same velocity as the the 41.5 loads from yesterday. There is a node there, but like mentioned earlier, I think it's mabe a smaller one. I think I will slow it down a bit and find the next lower node. Thank!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 8
It wasn't any better than yesterday, probably worse!! The guy next to me was bitching about it. Lol. This is the only rifle I've been loading for lately. (Mine anyways) I have played around with varget, IMR4350, H4350, and now 4064. They all have done really well. Can't wait for my 6.5x47 to get here!

Last edited: