• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Kinda noob question

offroadr1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2007
alabama, birmingham
i have a walther p22kit that comes with the suppressor. im still waiting for my stamp approval. i aslo have an FN fiveseven. both rounds have a .224" diameter. i wnat to get a threaded abrrel for my fiveseven, but the only one i can find is from jarvis and is only made with a 10mmx1.0 thread pitch and the walther is 1/2x28. my question is: does anyone make an adapeter to go from one thread pitch to the other? i can find any info on this anywhere. thanks for any help.

Re: Kinda noob question

a .22LR suppressor will probably not work on the 5.7. 22lr suppressors are very small, and are not intended to stop that much gas volume. you could end up blowing it up trying to shoot it on the 5.7. there is more that goes into it than just bore size. a 22lr can on a 223 remington would do the same. a suppressor for a 308 is not necessarily going to work on a 300WM.

the 5.7 may take a completely different suppressor. after seeing the extreme muzzle blast off of the 5.7, i dont know if id trust a .22lr can on it. <span style="text-decoration: underline">contact the manufacturer of the suppressor to make absolute sure.</span>

first off what can do you have?Is it multi caliber rated?And is it rated for the 5.7?If not than the 5.7 could collapse the baffles.You should have gotten a Spectre which is multi caliber rated and one of those calibers happens to be 5.7.SWR does make an adapter to use for it's can for the 10x1 threads.

i havent take possesion of it yet. i bought it from hooper and havent gotten my stamp in yet, so i dont know much about the can itself. i dont know what brand it is. the packages i find with a google search comes with a tac 65. their faq says not to use it on an ar. i guess ill have to find out who makes it and call them.

if you got it from hooper message him or call him.

You did not buy anything from me. I am handling the transfer for you.

The 5.7 will destroy the suppressor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i havent take possesion of it yet. i bought it from hooper and havent gotten my stamp in yet, so i dont know much about the can itself. i dont know what brand it is. the packages i find with a google search comes with a tac 65. their faq says not to use it on an ar. i guess ill have to find out who makes it and call them. </div></div>

You bought a NFA item and don't know what exact item you bought? WOW Crazy!