• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

King of 2 Mile Picture Thread

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Hey Sniper's Hide Forum

We took 400 pictures at the King of 2 Mile Competition Here are some highlights

SH_HD_Ko2MRobert-1.jpg

SH_HD_Ko2MManners-1.jpg

SH_HD_Ko2MTeamMCM-1-2.jpg

SH_HD_Ko2MRobertShooting-1.jpg

SH_HD_Ko2MTeamManners-1.jpg

SH_HD_Ko2MEPSpotting-1.jpg

SH_HD_Ko2MManners-1-3.jpg

SH_HD_Ko2ME416Bullets-1.jpg

SH_HD_Ko2MJJRockTacomHq-1.jpg

SH_HD_Ko2MWaltCowbell-1.jpg

Reactions: pga43
    Excellent shots, Frank! I've got about a hundred edited but I'll put just a handfull in for now. These are sized down to fit on the Hide, so if anyone wants a high res copy, send me an IM and I'll get it to you.

CV3B9290ed.jpg

CV3B9267ed.jpg

CV3B9335ed.jpg

CV3B9359ed.jpg

CV3B9364ed.jpg

CV3B9361ed.jpg

CV3B9416ed.jpg

CV3B9430ed.jpg

CV3B9441ed.jpg

CV3B9443ed.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: pga43
    The Course of Fire:

Pan 1ed sz.jpg

Pan 5 ez.jpg

Pan 5 cr2 lab2.jpg

Edit: added an arrow by the round target in the upper right. Was that used?

Pan 4 sz.jpg

Pan 4 cr lab sz.jpg

One more target area to add when I get time.

Attachments

• Pan 5 cr2 lab.jpg
      Pan 5 cr2 lab.jpg
      583.4 KB · Views: 313
    Last edited:
    Reactions: pga43 and RNWRKNP
    Its exciting to realize all the new data and techniques learned at this shoot, will be making its way down to the Industry and average shooter here, and expanding our capabilities even more! I wonder what we will be doing in 10 years with the pace the ELR growth we are seeing now!!!

Theses are are Golden days!!!

so what the angle on these shots? is it two miles horizontal or LOS?

I was eye-balling the elevation climb from the line to the upper target at about 500', but it could be significantly more than that. I assume they went with LOS but that's due to the FB post about the LRFs they used. If the elevation change was known, they for sure could have done the math to make it horizontal. Maybe Frank knows?

Reactions: RNWRKNP
    I did not run the angle but I am sure it had an impact on the elevation.

Listening, watching and seeing the results, the Elevation is a lot harder to nail down at this distance. That said, Robert and Manners really didn't depend on software, Robert had some numbers from Shooter, and I think Tom said he used Hornady 4DOF but I am not sure if it was that or Strelok as he really didn't are what he used, he just used a free program.

I was eye-balling the elevation climb from the line to the upper target at about 500', but it could be significantly more than that. I assume they went with LOS but that's due to the FB post about the LRFs they used. If the elevation change was known, they for sure could have done the math to make it horizontal. Maybe Frank knows?

For the most part the finale targets averaged 6 degrees

Reactions: TripleBull
    I did not run the angle but I am sure it had an impact on the elevation.

Listening, watching and seeing the results, the Elevation is a lot harder to nail down at this distance. That said, Robert and Manners really didn't depend on software, Robert had some numbers from Shooter, and I think Tom said he used Hornady 4DOF but I am not sure if it was that or Strelok as he really didn't are what he used, he just used a free program.

I believe I saw on his Instagram that he used an app called "Shooter"? Was somewhat hard to tell so don't quote me on that.

Only 3 shooters hit at 2 miles, its an elimination competition if you dont qualify for the top 10 you dont shoot 2 miles,

All 3 hit with a 416 using Cutting Edge Bullets

What a difference a year makes. Only one shooter hit the ~2 mile plate last year. The conditions were pretty choice yesterday, but you still have to dope and make the shot. This newbie was impressed!

Only 3 shooters hit at 2 miles, its an elimination competition if you dont qualify for the top 10 you dont shoot 2 miles,

All 3 hit with a 416 using Cutting Edge Bullets

This is incorrect, Duncan Davis from Team J.J. Rock Co. was the first to hit the 2 mile with a .375 CT using a 400gr. Cutting Edge Laser.

We won’t hold it against you though Frank, a lot going on with people yelling about where you were standing, lol.

This is incorrect, Duncan Davis from Team J.J. Rock Co. was the first to hit the 2 mile with a .375 CT using a 400gr. Cutting Edge Laser.

We won’t hold it against you though Frank, a lot going on with people yelling about where you were standing, lol.

Thanks for clarifying,

Yes I talk too loud and stand in the wrong spots ... LOL

Thanks for the pic’s guys and thanks Frank for the podcast interviews. Good entertainment while I’m reloading ?

Reactions: TripleBull
    Anybody know what primers guys are using? Especially in the .416 Barrett? I am assuming GM215M, but just wanted to know if there were any other better options.

Anybody know what primers guys are using? Especially in the .416 Barrett? I am assuming GM215M, but just wanted to know if there were any other better options.
    . We ran cci out of both guns, I have always used rws in the past but was seeing a pressure spike with them this year.
    What was the starting BC of those 500gr 416's?
    we used a g7 of 491 out of the bartlien gain twist and a g7 of 481 out of the K&p straight 10 twist barrel.

Thank you

. We ran cci out of both guns, I have always used rws in the past but was seeing a pressure spike with them this year.
    we used a g7 of 491 out of the bartlien gain twist and a g7 of 481 out of the K&p straight 10 twist barrel.

Thank you

Tom those bcs sure worked out great for you and Robert.Awesome shooting!!!!! And Robert stopping to take a drink of water as he was cleaning the targets and then right back on the plate -------------PRICELESS

Reactions: RobertB
    I plugged .5 G7 into the BC calculator, it gave a 1.026 G1 equivalent. If that's what you meant by 5.
    No, sorry, I meant 5. It was a joke, I couldn't help myself. Those giant bullets are just awesome.

Thank you
    Tom, did you run the Hornady app with the G1 drag? May I ask why the reason for two drag models? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Dang 1st place winner was using a Bushnell XRSII, I would have expected a higher end optic.

Reactions: LastShot300
    All I have to say is in the shooting world this is about the coolest thing going right now. Can't imagine the expense of building the rifle and keeping loads feed to them.

A very interesting thread.

But am I the only one that noticed the Young Lady with the nice set of Guns?