• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Kit setup for the bash?

NorCal Vu

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2004
Sacramento Area
I was wondering if I can get some details on the type of kit you guys were using out there.

Looks like LBE type of setups vs. packs?

Any pictures and product details of your loadout would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vu

Re: Kit setup for the bash?

Vu, I was pretty much running all So-Tech gear!! Padded Belt, Hydration Harness attachment, Mag pouches, etc!!

Safariland 6005. And Carrying at times the Mission Go Bag with extra gear!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i was in my underwear..... </div></div>

Multicam Thong eh? Just make sure you dont come to TBRC like that this year. LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vu, I was pretty much running all So-Tech gear!! Padded Belt, Hydration Harness attachment, Mag pouches, etc!!

Safariland 6005. And Carrying at times the Mission Go Bag with extra gear!! </div></div>

Would it be possible for you to post a pic of your kit?

Thanks,

Vu

Vu, my belt system is because of shooting at the bash/cup. I have 90rd of ammo, 2 mags(plus one in the gun) water bottle, kestrel, laser range finder.

We will be in full production for them soon.

Vu...I use to get all "Tac'd" out and be ready to insert behind enemy lines...I was younger then as well...LOL

Now after years of refinement I have found these options to be the best for running at RO.

For the Bash I wore a SoTech belt, two AICS mag pouches, two big pouches on the sides for ammo and LRF and whatever else. I also used the Go Bag to carry extra ammo, water, snacks, med kit...etc. I used a TAB cover so I didn't have to worry about dust.

For the Cup I usually pack a little heavier. I either use my SoTech belt or my ARKTIS with my Phantom pack. You need more ammo and stuff. I could go with the lighter setup for the BASH but I get nervous running out of stuff.

I just bring a large water bottle with me...they provide water at each stage you just need a bottle to put it in...

I prefer now to wear stuff that I can take off in between stages...the Belt accomplishes this and so does the ARTKIS...the pack is something that makes moving between stages more comfy and helps carry all that ammo and candy...lol

--KJ

Vu, I carry my gear in a Camelbak BFM pack. This always me to carry my AICS mags, ammo, pistol mags, pistol ammo, LRF, water and range cards. The pack might be overkill, but like KD said I am afraid to not have something. I also carry my pistol, one mag and one 10 round AICS mag on my belt.

During the stages do you have to move with your pack and all? I saw some pics of guys shooting in some tight slots where a pack is a NO GO.

I normally hump a Kifaru Xray with all my kit.

Thanks for all the input guys,

Vu

Vu,

The belt kits seem to be working the best with a small pack for the odds and ends. I don't think the X-ray is too big at all. It can hold a lot of extras you might need without being in the way.

On the belts, rifle mags, handgun + mags, and then a dump pouch is working well with a utility pouch. The SOTECH or I have been using the TAG padded molle belt for me.

the keys to success, practice changing mags in your rifle, practicing the most efficient way to sling your rifle and retrieve your side arm and be sure you can move and make mag changes. That includes dumping the one in your rifle into a pouch and then successfully retrieving and loading a fresh one. Lots of problems loading these bolt guns under stress. One component is knowing when your chassis mag can't hold 10 rounds and needs 9 only to function properly.

Sweet. Thank you Frank and Dagsta. Got the pics.

I think I will run my Xray and a simple Belt/LBE setup.

Vu